Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Password rejected by sky mail server

This is a discussion on Password rejected by sky mail server within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; i had someone set up in 5 mins with OE today so dunno what they're chatting about - had to ...

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

Re: Outlook Express

i had someone set up in 5 mins with OE today so dunno what they're chatting about - had to reset the password first tho but then it was all going fine...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

2. Advertisement
      the_sky_goat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01243
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Password rejected by sky mail server

Quote Originally Posted by richone54 View Post
      to the Sky goat,

i do not use the sky email, but i must say over the last week i have been reading some of the posts and most of your replys, you have the paitience of a saint and you seem to have been on 24/7

you have been doing a fantastic job, if i ever do use the the email i will be sure to look up your guides

you defo get my vote for poster of the year

Aw shucks!

The funny thing is... I don't use Sky mail either! I only set up my account to test it for other people. Normally I use ordinary google apps on my own domain. I use a Mac, and I've been running virtual copies of XP and Vista with Outlook 2003 & 2007, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, and Mac Mail just to try and replicate each persons problem. I truly am in geek heaven! i don't know what I'm going to do when everyone is back up and working again!

Thanks for your kind words - makes it all worth while.

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal
      Skoogle Account Unlock Page
      Skoogle Tips & Solutions from Skyuser

Don't tie yourself to your ISP's email system

www.gmail.com - free email service.
      www.google.com/a - Choose Google Apps for your domain -
      Email, Calendar, Docs, Website.

You could also try one of these 12 free email services:

kentmonkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Outlook Express

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      i had someone set up in 5 mins with OE today so dunno what they're chatting about - had to reset the password first tho but then it was all going fine...
      Any chance I can be put through to you tomorrow when I call to try and get my account problem sorted out (I can't log into the SKY website and I'm losing work as I get a lot of article requests sent to that email address)? How about a virtual jaffa cake as a sweetener?

richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_sky_goat View Post

i don't know what I'm going to do when everyone is back up and working again!
      you may have a job for life

bravedan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Littlehampton (SDLTTLH)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'm intrigued! Let me get this straight:

You can log on to the webmail portal

You can log on to sky.com

You can successfully unlock your account with the Captcha page (making sure that your POP client is offline when you do so)

You've turned on POP access in the Webmail Mail settings.

But you still can't send/receive email on Outlook!

bonkers
      This is my situation............MOSTLY..............

On a very few occasions I HAVE had messages download into Outlook. It's NOT a 100% lockout, just most of the time, so surely it cannot be my system (increasing timeout made no difference, BTW)!!!!

Today a few messages I know from Webmail login are on the Google server came down, but only a few, not all, and these are ones that are several days old, newer ones are still "stuck" and accessible via Webmail only.

The other day I had duplicate messages appearing in Outlook, yet still not ALL of them!!!!

I have had the state where messages don't leave me , yet others arrive, AND the other way round, WITHIOUT any alteration to anything!!!!

This morning one message won't Send, yet everything appears correct.

This is happening across TWO differing PC's, located 70 miles apart. These PC's communicate to other servers without any issues with Tiscali, NTL, Orange, etc..................
      My Bus speed is 26 mph, what's yours??

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bravedan View Post
      This is my situation............MOSTLY..............

On a very few occasions I HAVE had messages download into Outlook. It's NOT a 100% lockout, just most of the time, so surely it cannot be my system (increasing timeout made no difference, BTW)!!!!

Today a few messages I know from Webmail login are on the Google server came down, but only a few, not all, and these are ones that are several days old, newer ones are still "stuck" and accessible via Webmail only.

The other day I had duplicate messages appearing in Outlook, yet still not ALL of them!!!!

I have had the state where messages don't leave me , yet others arrive, AND the other way round, WITHIOUT any alteration to anything!!!!

This morning one message won't Send, yet everything appears correct.

This is happening across TWO differing PC's, located 70 miles apart. These PC's communicate to other servers without any issues with Tiscali, NTL, Orange, etc..................
      Hi,

Are you saying you have 2 machines both set up with your new sky settings at the same time?

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal

kentmonkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Any news yet on when they're likely to resolve this logging in issue?

I got in on Friday night after changing my password to get in, then it wouldn't let me check the inbox so I logged out.

Since then I've not been able to get in, with the new password or countless password changes. I've tried uppercase and lowercase usernames (the letter is in uppercase but it appears that the username is actually lowercase as when I change the password on the uppercase one it just comes back with a successful change message, with the lowercase it comes back and tells me that I can't change it to a password that has been one of the two previous passwords) and neither of them work.

I just don't know what to do now. I'm losing freelance work (writing), I don't know all of the people emailing me as a lot of my work comes in from recommendations and therefore I can't just tell them to email me to a different address. I seriously don't know what to do, and I can't get any sense out of anybody I try speaking to at Sky!

Evil-Fruits|R4z is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Batley
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Have you tried using your old password - some people have found that for some unbelievably weird reason they can get in using their old one for a day or two after changing it.

The other thing is.. I presume you are on Outlook rather than OE - if it came with office...? Either way, whichever you are using, is it totally up-to-date with latest service packs, patches, etc? Others have had success with updating Outlook - although admittedly it was earlier versions of Outlook than 2007.

post back, let us know how you get on.

forgot to mention - if you have a specific error message, it's always good to see them so cut and paste it into the reply if possible.
      Thanks for the reply.

Tbh I can't remember the original PW as it was set up ages ago so, I went to the sky.com site and changed it straight away before I set up the Outlook to work with the Gmail account.

Windows and Outlook are all patched up as of 5 mins ago, seems there are some new downloads but, it was all working before with Vista X64 so, i doubt it will change anything tbh.

Error message is as below. Using Send/Recieve in Outlook just brings up the 'Enter Username & PW to continue' pop-up which is filled in correctly but, doesn't work.

Thx
      R4z

Edit : Tries Windows Mail also and this ends with same result as above.
      Last edited by Evil-Fruits|R4z; 13-11-07 at 07:26 PM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It seems that they are just working through the duff accounts and several people have mentioned that over the last 24hrs "it just magically works"...

One thing i can tell you to do is stop changing the password! If you've successfully changed it, just leave it. There are several stories on here about how people have changed their password only to find that it takes time for it to sync up with their email account, or that their old password now works but their new one doesn't.

You username can be in either all UPPERCASE or lowercase when logging into sky.com but

There don't seem to be many people locked out of their Webmail now, and assuming you have tried to get it to the account directly - bypassing sky.com and going straight to the webmail address with both you old and new passwords then sadly it is just a waiting game.

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evil-Fruits|R4z View Post
      Thanks for the reply.

Tbh I can't remember the original PW as it was set up ages ago so, I went to the sky.com site and changed it straight away before I set up the Outlook to work with the Gmail account.

Windows and Outlook are all patched up as of 5 mins ago, seems there are some new downloads but, it was all working before with Vista X64 so, i doubt it will change anything tbh.

Error message is as below. Using Send/Recieve in Outlook just brings up the 'Enter Username & PW to continue' pop-up which is filled in correctly but, doesn't work.

Thx
      R4z

Edit : Tries Windows Mail also and this ends with same result as above.
      Sorry, I am at a loss...

You have definitely switched on POP access through the webmail settings? Sorry to ask, but I am all out of ideas now!

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast