Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

View Poll Results: Sky or BT Vision

Voters
    9. You may not vote on this poll
    • Staying with Sky

6 66.67%
    • Considering movin

2 22.22%
    • Movin to BT Vision

1 11.11%
    • Movin elsewhere

0 0%
    Multiple Choice Poll.

Sky Or Bt Vision

This is a discussion on Sky Or Bt Vision within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I am seriously thinking of going over to BT Vision because of all the email problems this week. I hardly ...

macazone is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01228
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Or Bt Vision

I am seriously thinking of going over to BT Vision because of all the email problems this week.

I hardly had any down time with email on BT broadband and the service was always a constant speed unlike Sky broadband which goes slower as the day goes on. Maybe the guy whose turning the wheel gets tired and needs a rest.

What I am really cheesed off about though is the email from Sky sent a while back that said 'those clever people from Google'. If I could get hold of them I'd kick um in the Googles. And what about the email that came through this week 'sit back and relax' rrrrrrrr. The other thing is they haven't made any announcements on their website as to the status and when the email problems should be fixed. Very poor. I rang the help desk and after about 5 minuets was told ...oh we have a system problem...why couldn't she have said that at first so I didn't have to waste my money.

I'm going to try and post a poll here to see how many others might be thinking about the BT Vision after the saga of this week. Hope this works.

2. Advertisement
      Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Sky Or Bt Vision

Personally, Moving to BT would be more of a hassle, Then waiting until, Lets say next week, Where hopefully those (imo) minor kinks will have been folded out.

About BT Vision anyway, Its a great little feature, But you will be lacking alot of channels, But its great if you like VOD - I guess? More details at BT Broadband & Vision

Also, if I remember correctly, When you take Broadband your TV contract gets renewed, So you might still be tied in.

the_sky_goat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01243
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well, if you are unhappy with the broadband in general I would leave, but if it is just email then I would simply get an alternative such as gmail, yahoo, hotmail or anyone else.

Personally I feel that using the ISP's email is madness, as if you do decide to change service provider you have to go through the hassle of changing your settings again, and informing all you contacts.

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal
      Skoogle Account Unlock Page
      Skoogle Tips & Solutions from Skyuser

Don't tie yourself to your ISP's email system

www.gmail.com - free email service.
      www.google.com/a - Choose Google Apps for your domain -
      Email, Calendar, Docs, Website.

You could also try one of these 12 free email services:

macazone is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01228
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi thanks guys, I was just so fed up with the email problem this week and the slow speeds in the evening. The worst thing is that I am trying to get a job after being made redundant some 10 weeks ago and I was waiting for a couple of important emails.

I think you are both right, ride this one out and start using web mail. I'll have a look at the outlaws BT Vision over Christmas and compare notes, then I'll have a better idea after that.

macazone