Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

mailing lists no longer work - thanks sky !!!

This is a discussion on mailing lists no longer work - thanks sky !!! within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; You sound like the Tier 1 person I was speaking to the other night for on near on 2 hours ...

RYTON is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: CONSETT
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: mailing lists no longer work - thanks sky !!!

You sound like the Tier 1 person I was speaking to the other night for on near on 2 hours (no joke) it ended up with him saying you need to wait for Midnight Saturday (though I believe this has now ben extended to nex week).

2. Advertisement
      the_sky_goat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01243
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: mailing lists no longer work - thanks sky !!!

Quote Originally Posted by aircooled View Post
      Thats the sort of "well happily take your money, but stuff your problems answer" i'd expect from sky!

It someones else fault. LOL how can you say that!

Er No its SKY's Fault I pay my money to SKY not Google if SKY choice to partner with a Google then SKY should be going to google on behalf of their paying customers to sort these problems out, rather than sweeping them under googles carpet.

A much better responce would we as SKY understand you have these problems and WILL be telling GOOGLE hang on a minute our _PAYING_ customers arn't happy, you'd better make some changes!!
      Rather than letting Google enforce these "features" on your paying customer how about getting them to add a few extra options in the web interface that allow you to receive relayed messages from mailing lists, mails you have sent to yourself and option to turn off the crazy @sky.com being in the from sender field and let through whats in your email client.

Doesn't any one have a clue about customer service anymore!
      I love the way the word "features" gets used for thing that people can't be bothered to fix.
      Well, it is a feature, it may not be one that you like, but it is...

I understand your frustration, they have handled the whole transfer very badly and left a lot of their customers floundering. but Sky isn't going to persuade Google to do anything to change this particular issue.

Unfortunately you are either going to have to pay someone to provide a physical email account @yourdomain, or do as I did and use the free Google Apps to provide the same for free. Obviously, you hate gmail, so your left with either paying for email or changing ISP's from Sky to someone else.

Unless you change your email addresses on the mailing lists of course.

Anyway, as I said before, good luck.

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal
      Skoogle Account Unlock Page
      Skoogle Tips & Solutions from Skyuser

Don't tie yourself to your ISP's email system

www.gmail.com - free email service.
      www.google.com/a - Choose Google Apps for your domain -
      Email, Calendar, Docs, Website.

You could also try one of these 12 free email services:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12