Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Email.. why me.. why did they mess things up

This is a discussion on Sky Email.. why me.. why did they mess things up within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi All, I'm new to this group but after today I feel as though I need to let off some ...

Master Ken is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Email.. why me.. why did they mess things up

Hi All,

I'm new to this group but after today I feel as though I need to let off some steam..

I'm sick of being screwed by everyone wanting money off me... okay so I'm in the same category as 90% of the UK

I got this email saying that sky for what other reason was changing it's email settings.. great... (NOT)

Now I can use their www.sky.com/tools at work to access my email. when I try (TRY being the word here) and set up my email accounts at home using their instructions, guess what, it does not work.. did any one try this before they released these, one thinks not.

Anyway... after surfing for sky forum's I came across this site and decided to register, and after registering it say's that a bloody email will be sent to you for verification.. OMFG... is it me or have I lost the plot here.

Anyway you do not need the verification thank God (bet he does not use Sky) I did not need it hence this post.. can anyone please tell me what the correct settings are for MS Outlook, not Express Outlook that Sky used on their idiot guide.

Regards,

Frustrated Sky customer... (again)

PS Don't even get me started on my Broadband connection (

2. Advertisement
      Tim1964 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hoddesdon
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Email.. why me.. why did they mess things up

Having the same problem. Using Windows Mail (Vista) for nearly a year and for what can only be a cost cutting exercise, they've screwed up my (our) email.

What worries me is that there is no mention of Windows Mail, only Outlook and OE. I followed their (30) emails about changing the settings yo the letter and guess what......it doesn't work !!!!

How come when we ask Sky for improvements to their Sky+ it's ignored but they 'upgrade' their email when it was fine before. All right the portal was complete crap and I only ever used it to set up the accounts.

Maybe we should send James Murdoch emails to tell him to put it back as it was, but then again ................it doesn't WORK !!!

Rant over and no back to spending another 2 hours trying to sort out is it's a problem at my end or at Sky's

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

im assuming you both have set the new google system in the web portal to forward to an email client? cause without doing so it won't work (and windows live mail does work, just use the same settings as OE - or get proper Outlook/Thunderbird as OE/Windows Live Mail is a bit crap)
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Tim1964 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hoddesdon
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I did manage to get onto the Skoogle email setting page yesterday for about 1 min to set the new google system in the web portal to forward to an email client (my domain name webmail address) but it doesn't seem to have remembered the settings, like many others it seems. Now the site in't even responding at all .....

Looking through the hundreds of other threads it seems it will be down until Saturday.

I know it's not a matter of life or death but "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

thats just it tho - you were in the minority with the old system working!!

ive had googlemail for best part of a year so can't see how they've screwed it up for Sky...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

the_sky_goat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01243
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Perhaps if you guys posted exactly what errors you were having and at what stage, then somebody may be able to help you.

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal
      Skoogle Account Unlock Page
      Skoogle Tips & Solutions from Skyuser

Don't tie yourself to your ISP's email system

www.gmail.com - free email service.
      www.google.com/a - Choose Google Apps for your domain -
      Email, Calendar, Docs, Website.

You could also try one of these 12 free email services: