Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've changed settings but can't do it on additional users email

This is a discussion on I've changed settings but can't do it on additional users email within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I've changed everything as you said and it's all working, so I thought I'd try to do it for ...

wjd
      wjd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've changed settings but can't do it on additional users email

Hi,

I've changed everything as you said and it's all working, so I thought I'd try to do it for an additional e-mail address that i set up in april, so I went on the setting's part in accounts and added it's address it says it needs verification to make sure it's my e-mail address and it says it's sent it to me but nothing came, so i set up a new e-mail address it was comfirmed in an email but it had no code, so I can't get further. When i look in incredimail (where I've set it up), it says it's not pop enabled and to get the info from the internet provider.

Can anyone help.

Thank you.

2. Advertisement
      the_sky_goat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01243
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: I've changed settings but can't do it on additional users email

It sounds like you are trying to set up additional users from within the settings of your main email account. That function is for adding the ability to send mail as another email address from your main account, not for changing the settings of other accounts, or creating new ones.

You need to go to sky.com and log in with the other email username and password and then run through the same process as you did for your main account. i.e. activate POP in the mail settings, then change the details in your email client.

Unless I've completely misunderstood you!

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal
      Skoogle Account Unlock Page
      Skoogle Tips & Solutions from Skyuser

Don't tie yourself to your ISP's email system

www.gmail.com - free email service.
      www.google.com/a - Choose Google Apps for your domain -
      Email, Calendar, Docs, Website.

You could also try one of these 12 free email services:

peterg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: crawley
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I seem to have the reverse problem. According to sky tools I am not "authorised access" even the username and password have been in use for about a year. Could this pssibly be because all Sky services were originally in my sons name. He died in February this year and I took over all sky services. No problems with sky digital services but I never have resolved what his username and password were.

Phoned support twice yesterday to be told it was a bug and I have to wait up yo 7 days before I can get ny sky email.

Anyone else had this problem. How do I get sky to resolve this it. Just as well I signed up for a gmail account recently. I mainly did this because I could not set up a new sky address as I do not have my late sons details and sky support ignored my requests for help.

wjd
      wjd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_sky_goat View Post
      It sounds like you are trying to set up additional users from within the settings of your main email account. That function is for adding the ability to send mail as another email address from your main account, not for changing the settings of other accounts, or creating new ones.

You need to go to sky.com and log in with the other email username and password and then run through the same process as you did for your main account. i.e. activate POP in the mail settings, then change the details in your email client.

It's sorted I did as you said and signed in, with the new address, then verifed the address, so it's working fine.

We were thinking of getting a laptop earlier in the year but didn't as we couldn't get the other e-mail address working, we'd of not been able to have seperate e-mail on it, my husband was going to use the main pc for his e-mail address and me on the laptop with my e-mail address, so would this now work on his pc and a laptop and we'd have seperate e-mails, if we set them up that way.

THank you very much.
      Last edited by wjd; 08-11-07 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Adding

tubemonster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I've got the same problem and tried that but it wouldn't recognise the account even though that person got the email ref the changes???

I have also searched high and low to try and add another address out of the supposed 10 that they have given me but cant see it anywhere and as I now have the new email, I can't log on to sky broadband.com to do it so any ideas there please? I'm going to try and set up the wife's address from scratch again.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wjd View Post
      It's sorted I did as you said and signed in, with the new address, then verifed the address, so it's working fine.

We were thinking of getting a laptop earlier in the year but didn't as we couldn't get the other e-mail address working, we'd of not been able to have seperate e-mail on it, my husband was going to use the main pc for his e-mail address and me on the laptop with my e-mail address, so would this now work on his pc and a laptop and we'd have seperate e-mails, if we set them up that way.

THank you very much.
      Yes, that would work just fine., glad you are fixed.

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tubemonster View Post
      I've got the same problem and tried that but it wouldn't recognise the account even though that person got the email ref the changes???

I have also searched high and low to try and add another address out of the supposed 10 that they have given me but cant see it anywhere and as I now have the new email, I can't log on to sky broadband.com to do it so any ideas there please? I'm going to try and set up the wife's address from scratch again.
      To create new email users go to Sky.com - Home

Then click on My Sky (at the top menu)

Once you are logged in here you should have a menu in front of you named "Manage Your My Sky Profile"

The fourth blue link down in "Manage Your Additional Users"

Click on that link to add/remove users.

Once you have created that user you need to log out of Sky.com - Home completely, and then you can go back and log in with your newly created user to activate POP and set up your email in a mail client such as Outlook.

Hope that helps.

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal

bondijane is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01252
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

additional users

Can anyone help - i had 2 additional users on my account - one of which i used as my main e-mail address as I didn't like the user name sky originally gave me. Anyway I can't get any e-mails on the additional users accounts. I set them up again on the sky web mail but it sends an e-mail which you then have to respond to to verify. Problem is i can't get the e-mails to verify the addresses. AAAAGGGGHHHHHHH.

Any help gratefully accepted !!!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: additional users

Quote Originally Posted by bondijane View Post
      Can anyone help - i had 2 additional users on my account - one of which i used as my main e-mail address as I didn't like the user name sky originally gave me. Anyway I can't get any e-mails on the additional users accounts. I set them up again on the sky web mail but it sends an e-mail which you then have to respond to to verify. Problem is i can't get the e-mails to verify the addresses. AAAAGGGGHHHHHHH.

Any help gratefully accepted !!!
      You are in the wrong place. Again, it sounds like you are in your main accounts email settings. This is not the place to create or activate additional users, this setting is used to make your main account go and check other email accounts you may have (not just sky ones) and put them all into your main accounts inbox.

As you have already created additional users then what you need to do is log into "My Sky" at Sky.com - Home with your additional users details and then you can activate POP by clicking on "Email & Tools" and going into the mail account settings.

Any problems please post back.

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal

chris.mic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: additional users

You are in the wrong place. Again, it sounds like you are in your main accounts email settings. This is not the place to create or activate additional users, this setting is used to make your main account go and check other email accounts you may have (not just sky ones) and put them all into your main accounts inbox.

As you have already created additional users then what you need to do is log into "My Sky" at Sky.com - Home with your additional users details and then you can activate POP by clicking on "Email & Tools" and going into the mail account settings.

Any problems please post back.

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem. I set up a different e-mail to the one sky allocated me and it has been working great until the switch over. Now I can't find that e-mail on my main sky account and can't log into it as I assumed the password was the same as my main account which it isn't. I would appreciate your advice sky goat.
      Thanks
      Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast