Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Server terminated connection???

This is a discussion on Server terminated connection??? within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; After initially encountering problems setting my 'outlook express' as my client e-mail, with the help of the folk on this ...

snoopy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Server terminated connection???

After initially encountering problems setting my 'outlook express' as my client e-mail, with the help of the folk on this forum I eventually managed to get my e-mail up and running.

Everything has been running smoothly until yesterday. When I open my 'outlook express' icon, the programme, as usual attempts to 'connect', however instead of then 'authorizing' and thereafter 'receiving and downloading' my mail, the following error message occurs:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.sky.com', Server: 'pop.sky.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

"Long period of inactivity". Is it referring to the inactivity in my sky account? I use outlook express on a daily basis, so it certainly cant be that account.

Anyone encountered the same problem, or more importantly anyone able to HELP please.

Thanks
      Last edited by snoopy; 08-11-07 at 09:48 AM.

2. Advertisement
      the_sky_goat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01243
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Server terminated connection???

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.sky.com', Server: 'pop.sky.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
      Have you moved over to the new email system? If so then your settings are wrong. You have pop.sky.com port 110.

If you have migrated to the new "skoogle" email then you will find the settings you need elsewhere on the forum.

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal
      Skoogle Account Unlock Page
      Skoogle Tips & Solutions from Skyuser

Don't tie yourself to your ISP's email system

www.gmail.com - free email service.
      www.google.com/a - Choose Google Apps for your domain -
      Email, Calendar, Docs, Website.

You could also try one of these 12 free email services:

snoopy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_sky_goat View Post
      Have you moved over to the new email system? If so then your settings are wrong. You have pop.sky.com port 110.

If you have migrated to the new "skoogle" email then you will find the settings you need elsewhere on the forum.
      Sky Goat,

I personally have'nt changed anything. What is the 'new e-mail system'?

I (like many other folk with complaints on here) initially had no problems sending mail, but could not receive. I eventually managed to set up an account which both sent and received. My outgoing settings were set at 465 and incoming set at 995. I have had no problems with this until 2 or 3 days ago now.

When I open the Outlook Express programme now, it appears to have difficulty connecting and the first error message I posted is displayed.

Today the following was posted as well

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'pop.sky.com', Server: 'pop.sky.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

It really is very frustrating

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

AFAIK, almost ALL Sky BB customers are now on the new Sky/Google (Skoogle) email system. If so, you'll have to update your OE settings and also enable POP on each account (if you have additional accounts set up)...

have a read of this...

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/attac...changessns.pdf

that should hopefully get things sorted...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket