Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I can send e-mail on OE but only receive on Sky site.

This is a discussion on I can send e-mail on OE but only receive on Sky site. within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have a similar problem. I set up the OE account as instructed but when I 'Test email settings' from ...

bottylad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Middlewich
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: I can send e-mail on OE but only receive on Sky site.

I have a similar problem. I set up the OE account as instructed but when I 'Test email settings' from OE it fails to log onto POP server and tells me to check username/password/email address.

I know everything is setup correctly and pop is enabled with google.

I also setup a new standard gmail account and set this up for pop on OE but a similar thing happens. Has anyone else experienced this? Could this be more of an issue with Google rather than anything else? The old sky mail has worked fine with pop.

I even tried the password reset as suggested above but still no joy. I'm at a loss.

Cheers
      BottyLad

2. Advertisement
      fasttoes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01244
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: I can send e-mail on OE but only receive on Sky site.

Chaps

Good news.... I have added @sky.com to my username and it downloaded incoming mail into Outlook 2002 (including some key ones that had been stuck in the system for a month!)

Bad news... I can't send anything through the outgoing smtp server

When I try to send the test email, I get this message "Send test e-mail message: Unable to send test Message. Please verify the E-mail Address field"

I believe I have set everything up correctly with the correct port numbers etc

Any ideas?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12