Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Email servers down till Friday!?

This is a discussion on Email servers down till Friday!? within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, i work for sky, im in tech support, probably have talked to most of you by now. The emails ...

danz-88 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Email servers down till Friday!?

Hi, i work for sky, im in tech support, probably have talked to most of you by now.
      The emails are really bad always have been and probably always will be. At the moment the email service is going through maintance and i think it's because they tried to move over too many people at the one time. The maintance is supposed to be all over by saturday but i doubt it. If your problems have been ongoing before the changeover and your details have been "escalated to our webmail team" your problem will probably never be resolved, you will be better off just signing up to hotmail or yahoo for your emails.
      about the hundreds of emails your probably getting through outlook express, the steps we have to follow is too disconnect from the internet and have the outlook settings infront of you, put them into outlook and reconnect, this SHOULD stop them, if not we cant even help you and youl just need to wait until saturday.
      If any of you have any more questions just ask

2. Advertisement
      Philhsky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01457
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've had similar problems today but seem to have at least some functionality now.
      Interestingly, when I finally got some downloads via Outlook on my wife's and my A/Cs, my wife had an E-Mail from Sky "Welcome to your New Sky EMail ....."
      I wondered why I hadn't had the same one on my A/C.
      I checked on Sky Webmail and there it was - in the SPAM Mailbox.

So, as well as everything else, this old problem is still around too.
      They are filtering some of THEIR OWN Mail into the SPAM Mailbox.

WHAT A SERVICE !!!!!!!!

lee2007 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danz-88 View Post
      Hi, i work for sky, im in tech support, probably have talked to most of you by now.
      The emails are really bad always have been and probably always will be. At the moment the email service is going through maintance and i think it's because they tried to move over too many people at the one time. The maintance is supposed to be all over by saturday but i doubt it. If your problems have been ongoing before the changeover and your details have been "escalated to our webmail team" your problem will probably never be resolved, you will be better off just signing up to hotmail or yahoo for your emails.
      about the hundreds of emails your probably getting through outlook express, the steps we have to follow is too disconnect from the internet and have the outlook settings infront of you, put them into outlook and reconnect, this SHOULD stop them, if not we cant even help you and youl just need to wait until saturday.
      If any of you have any more questions just ask
      well ive never had problems with your email service (using microsoft office outlook) has worked perfectly, im sure the problem i has was not confirming the download pop in the settings from the email portal

dflour69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hastings
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: TP-Link Archer VR2800
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

My new email settings are still working OK, if a little slowly. AFAICT, my problems were entirely caused by some incorrect settings on my part. I had received the pdf file referred to in an earlier post, printed out (for me) the relevent pages and worked my way through all 5 of my sky email addresses. Took some time, particularly as the web site was crawling. Once I had the settings correct and tested in my email client (Pegasus), everything has been fine. Apart from finding 794 spams in one of my trash folders that is.

I must add though, that since I joined (January) I have not, unlike others, had any email problems at all. I have a sneaking suspicion that if I had, then they would not be resolved by this move.

oldbirkonian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Birmingham
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi, Can anyone please help/explain why I'm unable to access emails/tools site to read my messages (I've temporarily given up trying to use my Outlook 2007.)

I haven't got into the New Skymail system since yesterday morning when I did manage it once hopefully changing the POP mail settings.

Now when I go to Sky.com - Home - (which displays OK) & select Email and Tools button (top RH) IE shows Sky.com - Email & Tools>Tools Page as the address
      but all I get is a blank (empty) screen!!!
      Peter

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Server overload I would expect, too many people hit with the same problem at the same time.

oldbirkonian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Birmingham
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSky View Post
      Server overload I would expect, too many people hit with the same problem at the same time.
      What I feared. I off abroad for 3 weeks & I can only friends at Sky/Google have got things sorted by my return date!! Their handling of this event hasn't impressed me for one. Peter

nomy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01565
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

An update.

Yesterday nothing would work. Then last night, I noticed that at least all my emails were on the Sky portal and I could send and receive via that, but not via Outlook.

Now this morning, like a few others on here, I can receive via Outlook, but not send. Just says to contact admin etc.

Any ideas?

gunnerdon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: milton keynes
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oldbirkonian View Post
      Hi, Can anyone please help/explain why I'm unable to access emails/tools site to read my messages (I've temporarily given up trying to use my Outlook 2007.)

I haven't got into the New Skymail system since yesterday morning when I did manage it once hopefully changing the POP mail settings.

Now when I go to Sky.com - Home - (which displays OK) & select Email and Tools button (top RH) IE shows Sky.com - Email & Tools>Tools Page as the address
      but all I get is a blank (empty) screen!!!
      Peter
      same as me ,can see my mail but when i click one ..blank
      luclkily i use hotmail and direct most contacts to there,think i will have to change the rest which is real pain.

nomy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01565
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sorted.

Something was wrong with Sky emails yesterday for sure. Because even when I could log onto the portal there were no emails. But the problem with sending via Outlook was simply down to needing SP3 for Office! Small slap on hand for me then.

All working fully now.

I just assumed that because I had Windows Auto Update on, that it would update all MS stuff. Obviously not. So I would say make sure you have Office SP3 for any Outlook users out there! Sorted me out....eventually.

I must say though, no wonder this is causing problems. I am happy to mess about with PC settings, but for the average user out there, this will prove a nightmare. Poor planning Sky. Bad move.

Thanks to everyone for your help, and good luck to those still struggling.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234