Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky Email Settings On Mobile Devices

This is a discussion on Sky Email Settings On Mobile Devices within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, I have a slight problem with emails on my mobile phone. I used to receive my emails in ...

dduk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Email Settings On Mobile Devices

Hi all,

I have a slight problem with emails on my mobile phone. I used to receive my emails in Ootlook Express, but if I was out and was expecting an important email, I had it set up on my mobile phone too. The way it worked was that I would check for new emails and if there was new email it would be in my email inbox on my phone. I would view the email, then if I was to check for new emails a little later, the first email would still be there in the inbox, and it would stay there until I arrived home and accessed Outlook Express and checked for new emails. Then, once the email had been downloaded in Outlook Express, if I was to check for new emails on my mobile later, that original message(s) would be auto deleted, as I have it in my OE. But since I have changed my settings in OE and on my mobile, I can retrieve my emails on my mobile. But if I read the email, then check for new emails later, that first email is auto deleted, and when I return to Outlook Express, it just says that I have no new emails, and the only way to get to the email is from the Sky tools page. Is there a way I can retrive my emails on my phone, but keep them there until I retrieve them in OE, (like it used to do). Is there any settings I need to change in my mobile, or in OE or on the Sky tools page. I'm much more used to using Outlook Express for receiving/sending emails. If it helps, I am using a Sony Ericsson S500i on T-Mobile. Thanks guys for any help.

dduk

2. Advertisement
      the_sky_goat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01243
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi,

I don't know why your phone is auto-deleting emails - that sounds a bit odd! But I can tell you that you cannot check your email from two POP clients without skoogle mail having a serious wobbly.

The problem is that once one client has checked the mail, it tags that it has been downloaded by POP and not to do it again - so once your phone has checked it the mail server will not deliver it to another Client.

There is a workaround, called Recent Mode, which is to change your username on outlook to recent:username@sky.com which will download all mail regardless of whether it has been downloaded before - bear in mind that the first time you use it you will also re-download all the mail you have already got from the last 30 days!

Once you have done that, Outlook will always get the message, whilst your phone will just get new ones.

post back if you need more help.

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal
      Skoogle Account Unlock Page
      Skoogle Tips & Solutions from Skyuser

Don't tie yourself to your ISP's email system

www.gmail.com - free email service.
      www.google.com/a - Choose Google Apps for your domain -
      Email, Calendar, Docs, Website.

You could also try one of these 12 free email services:

dduk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yes, that worked great. Thank you so much. I'm assuming that when someone receives an email from me, it will still just say username@sky.com (without the recent), since I only added the recent into the account name field.

dduk

the_sky_goat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01243
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yes, that's right. the "recent:" bit just makes your account ignore any 'do not download' tags on the email.

Glad you are sorted! It's nice when they are straightforward!

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal
      Skoogle Account Unlock Page
      Skoogle Tips & Solutions from Skyuser

Don't tie yourself to your ISP's email system

www.gmail.com - free email service.
      www.google.com/a - Choose Google Apps for your domain -
      Email, Calendar, Docs, Website.

You could also try one of these 12 free email services:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12