Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Anyone else using Spamihilator? If so can you help?

This is a discussion on Anyone else using Spamihilator? If so can you help? within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Since the change to the new server I can't get my Spamihilator spam filter to run. It appears that the ...

beacon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: willowcroft
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Anyone else using Spamihilator? If so can you help?

Since the change to the new server I can't get my Spamihilator spam filter to run. It appears that the new security settings for the Google server won't allow it to operate.

If anyone can help me see if I can get it working I'd be much obliged.

Even if you don't use it if you have some understanding of how POP servers work you may be able to help.

Spamihilator acts as a local server so that messages are downloaded to it first then onto my POP3 program (Thunderbird in my case)

I know I can get my emails by webmail and that the Google spam filter is supposed to be first rate, but I prefer to use Thunderbird so really need a spam filter on my pc.

Any suggestions much appreciated, Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      the_sky_goat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01243
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Anyone else using Spamihilator? If so can you help?

Does your program allow you to change to port numbers to the new ones, and activate SSL? Also, have you enabled POP on sky mail settings?

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal
      Skoogle Account Unlock Page
      Skoogle Tips & Solutions from Skyuser

Don't tie yourself to your ISP's email system

www.gmail.com - free email service.
      www.google.com/a - Choose Google Apps for your domain -
      Email, Calendar, Docs, Website.

You could also try one of these 12 free email services:

beacon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: willowcroft
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Anyone else using Spamihilator? If so can you help?

Yes you can change the ports manually but Spamihilator has a wizard which configures the email software for you. In the past this has worked like a dream. I have 6 Sky email accounts and they have all been previously set up using the Spamihilator wizard. Sky is also the 3rd ISP I've used the software (and the wizard on) so I'm confident that Spamihilator should work. I have checked online on the Spamihilator website and have confirmed that it should work just fine with SSL and TLS authentication.

Since the change to the new server after running the Spamihilator wizard the settings ultimately look something like this:

server: localhost
      username: pop.tools.sky.com&username@sky.com&995

To provide some context, on the old server, the settings (which worked) after running the wizard were:

server: localhost
      username: pop.sky.com&username

At the moment I have had to completely disable Spamihilator in order to access my emails through Thunderbird. To answer your 2nd question, yes I have enabled POP support online. With Spamihilator disabled I am able to send and receive on all 6 accounts.