Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No access to sky.com and now no email!

This is a discussion on No access to sky.com and now no email! within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Iamnottheenemy - Help me please !!!!!!!! 12 days after "migration" I'm still without access to my sky.com e-mail accounts. Spoken ...

woollers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Middlesex
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: No access to sky.com and now no email!

Iamnottheenemy - Help me please !!!!!!!!

12 days after "migration" I'm still without access to my sky.com e-mail accounts. Spoken at length to Sky Broadband Technical on three occasions and still waiting for the promised response via phone or e-mail to my "hotmail" a/d. If I log in as described above all I get to is this incredibly helpful message:

We're Sorry
      We have identified a problem with the set up of your Sky Email account. This should be resolved in the next few days so please try to login again in three days we are sorry for any inconvenience.

Sorry, but completely unable/unwilling to do anything about the problem

On my last call I was told my e-mail account had been "corrupted" and I would have to wait a few days while the escalation team looked at my account. That was Thursday. I really can't see the point of further calls on an 0870 number to a customer service team who appear to have no clout to get anything moving.

Who / what is Tier 3 ? Can they provide any kind of customer service and actually do something about my problem - which is of Sky's own making.

Any help gratefully received.

2. Advertisement
      Yorkshire Traveller is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cleckheaton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

An update:

I still can't fully access my sky.com account (the dreaded 'yellow triangle') although I can, as before, log into sky.com.

However the good news is that when logged in to sky.com I can now log into my e mail account using the e mail/tools link. This has enabled me to turn on my POP mail and also get mail using the web when away on holiday/business.

So - some progress.

Nigel.

jemmy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

I am in the same boat as you guys. On Sky Max for last 2 months. I had a My Sky userid I used for Sky TV but they created another one for broadband. The broadband id does not work and cant log into My Sky or anything with it. The original id works with MY Sky but no access to email and tools. On contacting Sky just get reply matter being sorted and no time frame can be provided for solving the issue. Doh!!

mapops is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01473
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Dear Folks,

I am new to this forum, and to Sky mail. I have had the same issues in getting my sky emails through to Outlook 2002. I have set it up exactly as the sky instructions stated, but no joy. This frustrated me for the last week or so. I have now sloved the problem and I am pretty sure this will fix 99% of all other users issues. Log on to Microsoft.com and dowload and install all of the priority security patches recommended by their PC scan. Once you reboot, you will find that your sky mail flys through exactly as you would expect.
      Good luck all.

Yorkshire Traveller is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cleckheaton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Update

An update:

The nice people at sky.com seem to have fixed my 'yellow triangle' problem - I now have full access to my sky.com account and e mail.

Nigel.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mapops View Post
      Dear Folks,

I am new to this forum, and to Sky mail. I have had the same issues in getting my sky emails through to Outlook 2002. I have set it up exactly as the sky instructions stated, but no joy. This frustrated me for the last week or so. I have now sloved the problem and I am pretty sure this will fix 99% of all other users issues. Log on to Microsoft.com and dowload and install all of the priority security patches recommended by their PC scan. Once you reboot, you will find that your sky mail flys through exactly as you would expect.
      Good luck all.
      As we keep saying, you need to be fully service packed on your office software for the SSL to work properly on Outlook. Without some of the patches/ packs SSL will misbehave.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12