Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Send but not receive?

This is a discussion on Send but not receive? within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just got my sky broadband router to me yesterday, plugged in set up wireless and all working great. I got ...

James_478 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aycliffe [NEAYC]
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom F@ST 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Send but not receive?

Just got my sky broadband router to me yesterday, plugged in set up wireless and all working great.

I got the Sky Welcome Email and that is it, I have tried signing up to a few websites and I'm just not getting the 'verification' Email. So I tried sending myself an Email from 2 other accounts (Live Mail and Google Mail) neither of which are received.

I then tried sending an Email to another account FROM the Sky account and it was received instantly, I have checked and double checked pop settings and all is fine (otherwise I wouldn't have been able to see the Welcome Email right?)

Also out of the blue this morning, Sky's page went down and I cannot access webmail either, but I did check earlier and the Emails were'nt in there either.

2. Advertisement
      the_sky_goat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01243
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Send but not receive?

Interesting...

The sky.com website does appear to be offline at present.

My POP3 account which I created just 2 days ago to test a problem has also stopped working this morning.

I logged into skybroadband.com with my new details and sure enough I have been switched over to the new system. Which appears to be broken at present!!!

Sky Email Help
      Skoogle Webmail Portal
      Skoogle Account Unlock Page
      Skoogle Tips & Solutions from Skyuser

Don't tie yourself to your ISP's email system

www.gmail.com - free email service.
      www.google.com/a - Choose Google Apps for your domain -
      Email, Calendar, Docs, Website.

You could also try one of these 12 free email services:

James_478 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aycliffe [NEAYC]
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom F@ST 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I have not yet been switched over to the new one and I can log into the webmail, but there is no mail there, but the SMTP side still works :S

jaramago is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'm have the same problem - not able to receive emails, although no problems having them forwarded, but can not receive emails directly from senders.
      webmail team have sent me 3 standard letters telling me to reset passward which i feel is just a stalling technique - have been told that escalated emails have been sent to team leaders at webmail team; promised callback but no repsonse - feel this is just going around in circles and am now ready to demand mac code in order to go back to previous isp and also demand refund and compensation as for the last 6 weeks my accounts to paypal and ebay have been suspended (due to not being able to receive the activation code on the new sky email account) Not quite ready yet to put my head in the gas oven, but not far off - would appreciate if anybody else has had this problem and managed to resolve it - i have more faith in a solution coming from here than the webmail team