Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

All mail going to sky mail junk folder

This is a discussion on All mail going to sky mail junk folder within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all. Up until yesterday afternoon everything was working fine, but since then I haven't been receiving many of my ...

marleysdad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

All mail going to sky mail junk folder

Hi all. Up until yesterday afternoon everything was working fine, but since then I haven't been receiving many of my emails. I've discovered that they're going straight to my sky mail junk folder and not the inbox. Hence they're not being forwarded to my outlook express account like they normally do. Any ideas what could be the cause of this?

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: All mail going to sky mail junk folder

You are not the only one this is happening to:

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-e...-arriving.html

I have just logged into my online inbox only to find 7 mails sitting in there but as they are all spam it is where they should be, but up until the start of this week these spam mails were not getting caught at all until they got trapped by my Gmail account.

kcm2611 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Godalming
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Same thing Happening to me, emails not arriving through Outlook, after further investigation found my emails in the junk folder when logged into webmail, had to forward them on to the inbox before Outlook would collect.

ericjkerr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Warrington
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

This also happened to me this week. I only found junk emails by chance when I logged into the Sky email site. Some emails are getting through but there is no visible reason why others are filtered into my junk folder. I cannot find any configuration tools that enable a user to set or edit filters. Does anyone know how this can be done?

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I don't think we can do anything about it that I can see.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I too am having this problem! It would not be so bad if it were spam or junk mail, but my personal mail, even router logs, is partly ending up in the Junk folder. It may have something to do with the transfer to Gmail, but it is hard to understand how only some of the mails are ending up in the Junk folder, when others identically addressed and from the same addresses are delivered to my Outlook box.

I am going to try a Kana, probably a waste of time, but you never know

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Philhsky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01457
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Me2

It is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL that we have control over the JUNK facility, i.e. to Enable or Disable it if this is going to happen.
      Otherwise the system is unusable for anyone with several A/Cs who use Outlook etc to gather their mail.
      We must all press SKY for this.
      I am going to test it every day now, which I have already been doing recently since their SMTP Server seems to have been delaying or losing some mail.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Couldn't agree more, mail is supposed to remain in the Junk folder for 30 days, but knowing Sky............

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Philhsky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01457
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

As indicated previously I have been doing tests on mail sent via the Sky SMTP Server to other A/Cs and I have experienced substantial delays with delivery to my Yahoo A/C.
      This morning, for one test set, I sent 10 Mails ( from my Sky A/C via the Sky SMTP Server, using Outlook ) to 4 A/C ( Pipex, Yahoo & 2 Sky A/Cs - mine and my wife's).
      Some deliveries to the Yahoo A/C were delayed as usual but some were also delayed to the Sky A/Cs as well. This is the first time I have seen this. All incoming Sky messages appeared in the inbox.
      However, in another similar set of tests ( Subject Line simply S0, S1, S2 etc ) 9 messages appeared in the Junk box and 1 has not arrived at all.
      I have just phoned Sky and they claim the service should be OK now.
      This does not bode well !!!!

tony5101 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Seaham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Philhsky View Post
      As indicated previously I have been doing tests on mail sent via the Sky SMTP Server to other A/Cs and I have experienced substantial delays with delivery to my Yahoo A/C.
      This morning, for one test set, I sent 10 Mails ( from my Sky A/C via the Sky SMTP Server, using Outlook ) to 4 A/C ( Pipex, Yahoo & 2 Sky A/Cs - mine and my wife's).
      Some deliveries to the Yahoo A/C were delayed as usual but some were also delayed to the Sky A/Cs as well. This is the first time I have seen this. All incoming Sky messages appeared in the inbox.
      However, in another similar set of tests ( Subject Line simply S0, S1, S2 etc ) 9 messages appeared in the Junk box and 1 has not arrived at all.
      I have just phoned Sky and they claim the service should be OK now.
      This does not bode well !!!!
      I called Sky about 30 minutes ago - and they told me that they were aware of the problem, but they had no fix time yet......hmm - left hand/right hand.....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast