Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Can't login to Sky Portal? - Try this

This is a discussion on Can't login to Sky Portal? - Try this within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; It may be what they consider a security enhancement. What you could do is try Lastpass, the free edition is ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Can't login to Sky Portal? - Try this

It may be what they consider a security enhancement. What you could do is try Lastpass, the free edition is good enough for most. Once set up it can be made to remember even those sites which the browser will not. It is a very useful addon for any browser. You need a premium account to use it on mobiles.
      https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/lastpass-password-manager/

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      FrankM is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wakefield
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Good idea Seawright ... if it is allowed, but is it ?
      Well, even better than that, why not get all the mail via the one account ? Thats what I was doing when it was google mail. I just logged in, I had set up to get all the mail from 3 accounts in the same inbox. Simple. I never had to log into the other accounts.

Yahoo supposedly has the same facility under Mail options>mail accounts and I did set up one of the other accounts to send and recieve mail from the primary account. I even got an email from yahoo asking me to confirm my identity under the other username which I did. They sent confirmation that I had set this up.

This allows me to send e-mails from the other username whilst logged into the primary account. However, surprisingly I can't RECEIVE e-mails from that other account even though I'm sure all settings are correct. I do notice that under the receive mail settings for the additional account, the password I entered is not displayed as a series of dots, I ask myself is it storing it ? Is this why I can't receive the mail ?

Back to stored passwords again ?

Its because of this problem that I had to resort to logging into each account in the first place.

Thanks for that suggestion IsItMe, I'll look into it, but I would prefer to get all my mail in the one account as a first resort.
      Last edited by FrankM; 07-04-13 at 03:59 PM.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Good idea if it is allowed, but is it ?
      Why should it not be? Its no one's business how you treat the security of what you do on line. The main thing with Lastpass is not to forget the master password, write it down somewhere you have access to it, but not on your PC. Then it becomes a security risk.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

FrankM (07-04-13)

FrankM is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wakefield
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

It wasn't allowed 7 years ago when I first joined Sky, they wouldn't even allow you to re-use a password you'd previously used and had problems with. My account was locked for 24 hours when I tried it. I never tried to change things over the years until I was forced to in the wake of Yahoo.

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Yahoo are not going to check whether the password that you enter is the same as one being used on another account whether it belongs to you or not. The only reason I can see for not using the same password is if you want someone else to have access to one of your email accounts but not to all of them.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345