Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Can't login to Sky Portal? - Try this

This is a discussion on Can't login to Sky Portal? - Try this within the Sky Email and Portal Log-in forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Phoned Sky, got thru to CS in INDIA (can't understand them most of the time ) After going thru their ...

Hopeful is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Can't login to Sky Portal? - Try this

Phoned Sky, got thru to CS in INDIA (can't understand them most of the time )
      After going thru their script CS agent said my logon details must have been blocked and he's going to escalate it and ask for a reset and told me try to login again after 48 hours, has anyone else been given this advice and it's actually worked???

2. Advertisement
      Hopeful is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Decided to have another look through the forum came accross the thread about getting numerical and alphabetical (0oO - zero, lowercase,caps) mixed up. Logged on to Sky.com using username and password given in welcome letter with O instead of 0 and suprise, surprise got in!
      My profile was not completed so updated that, changed password and logged out.
      Logged into Sky BB portal and...............you have mail , thanks to the other posts on this forum I am a Happy Camper. Although I don't plan to use Sky for my primary email, I needed access just in case Sky decide to email any special offers (wouldn't want to miss out).
      Apart from a drop in my noise margin today and losing my connection, again, after reading through the forum (spent quite a few hours in the last week) rebooted my router and NM improved and was reconnected straight away.
      Keep up the good work Chappies.

rickflair is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01293
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

This is something I have had to put up with since joining the Broadband club back in August last year. You are very correct the Login Portal Page is totally useless and has never worked for me and never will. HOWEVER if you use any email client like Outlook Express,MS Outlook,Incredimail or Thunderbird and put in all the relevant POP & SMTP settings as well as your user name and password it will work.
      It does mean that you will have to live with the password you were given and also restricted to one email, as you require the Portal site to do this. But one has to be grateful for small mercy’s. If you can live with that then that’s fine. I have a good connection now after 2 months of initial hell, but then they were only new boys at the job.
      “Rock on Sky Keep the Good Work Up”

greggy100 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Thanks. This works...eventually (using hints and the like).

Having waited so long to log in, I am disappointed with what's there. Apart from access to my email (that I had already set up to come thru my POP email with Outlook - thanks to this forum ), the only other things they have there are things they want to sell you.

PeteC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: cable
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well i tried again today and when i tried to login to skybroadband.com i got redirected to sky.com and a message saying

" Please logon here and complete your profile before logging back to www.skybroadband.com"

so did that , even though i cannot understand why my profile is incomplete - everything is filled out, but still no joy.

earlier on in the montyh sky reset my security question to mothers maiden name - and i chose a new password so i know these are okay afterall i login to my sky with them so i know they are valid

However - after trying the tier 3 0207 and 0800 number ( and not getting very far) i was debating whether or not to ring them and pay to talk to them - but after reading the post above i've decided it's not really worth the price of the phone call!

so thankyou greggy for helping me to decide on that one

nurtonc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I am experiencing the same problem. After following the advice on this forum I was able to set up an e-mail account via Outlook Express. I would like to have access to web mail for when I am not at home, but it won't accept the user name and password I was given (accepted by Outlook Express). The help desk are a total shambles. They said they would send me a new pass word which would work. Eventually two identical letters arrived with a blank space after the word password! They say I will be sent a new password.

I have followed all of the advice on this forum. I don't want to set up a new account as I need to keep the same e-mail address as Outlook Express. When I came to the security question it would not accept the correct answer, my Mum's maiden name. I am wondering when this problem will be sorted and if anyone has suggestions.

rhinorock Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Rather than using the phone with all of the unwanted costs, I found this E-Mail address in another post on this site.

broadbandtechnicalsupport@bskyb.com

If everyone sends an E-Mail complaining about this issue, we may get some action.

rhinorock Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Forget the E-Mail address.

Just got a rejection e-mail back from the System Administrator

Does anyone else know an E-Mail address which could be used?

Kerr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

My email is down and has been since Friday.

Filled in a report on skys website. They said they would repsond by email!!!!

Logged on to Skys website. When I go to email/tools I get server down or busy. Can't do anything.

The link sky sent me to change by email to notify changes, is dead.

Called their unhelpful line. Waited and got through to find her system was down and she asked me to call back and get someone else.

So I did and the line was very poor, as was her English.

She tells me the email server is down and she can do nothing, just keep trying over the next few days.

I'm so fed up with Sky. It's always the same story

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

nothing wrong with the servers unless they've gone down since this afternoon...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast