Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Like Tree6Likes

New router - anything I should know?

This is a discussion on New router - anything I should know? within the Sky On Demand forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by moleman I was beginning to think that as well. Yes they doing everything to avoid a refund ...

mcphailan. is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: South Harrow
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: New router - anything I should know?

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
      I was beginning to think that as well.
      Yes they doing everything to avoid a refund claim, blind-siding me with science i think grrrr

One cam came with glass cracked from transit, maybe Maplins would have been a better bet lol....

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

latest development, in light of what you said I skyped that I wanted full refund. So she says they will send their router (which engineer insists will work with ADSL, we shall see) and they offer full refund of cameras if it doesn't work.....

Laugh or Cry? Let's hope they honourable, though to be fair they have tried dang so hard so i think they are. The bit of my that really wants to snoop with an ip camera is keeping me going, I mean I can even watch the family from work lol.

Sorry, way OT hahahha

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Any router will work with ADSL provided it has a built in, or is connected to an ADSL modem. In your case you will have to connect it to the Hub, following the instructions here - http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/askin...-together.html or here - http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/askin...nk-dir613.html

I am quite sure if the camera is working it should connect to the Hub, there should be no need for a second router. In fact a second router could complicate things when attempting to connect from the internet. Have you tried connecting by WPS? to do this press the WPS button on the front of the router for 2 seconds, the button between the Internet and Wireless lights. Have the camera connected to a power source and press the WPS button on the camera for 2 seconds, within 2 minutes of pressing the router button. The indicator on the camera should change to flashing blue, the solid blue when it is connected.
      mcphailan. likes this.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Any router will work with ADSL provided it has a built in, or is connected to an ADSL modem. In your case you will have to connect it to the Hub, following the instructions here - http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/askin...-together.html or here - http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/askin...nk-dir613.html

I am quite sure if the camera is working it should connect to the Hub, there should be no need for a second router. In fact a second router could complicate things when attempting to connect from the internet. Have you tried connecting by WPS? to do this press the WPS button on the front of the router for 2 seconds, the button between the Internet and Wireless lights. Have the camera connected to a power source and press the WPS button on the camera for 2 seconds, within 2 minutes of pressing the router button. The indicator on the camera should change to flashing blue, the solid blue when it is connected.
      Thanks forr advice on linking them! On other idea, sadly no such WPS button on the camera.

Its their last attempt - I see this all ending in failure and a refund. May try linking hub and their router, but anything that compromises my experience of sky's brilliant on demand, and my connections to phones and ipad will mean a refund.

Thanks

Thanks forr advice on linking them! On other idea, sadly no such WPS button on the camera.
      Are you sure? Most of the latest IP cameras have WPS built in. What is the model of the camera?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Are you sure? Most of the latest IP cameras have WPS built in. What is the model of the camera?
      Thats good to know - I will look out for such a feature when a get my refund and order a new one

camera is http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o00_s00

any recommendations for outside use and wifi and < 75 gratefully received

Thanks

That link is to a router, not the camera.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

corrected above, see again

skyped their support:-

[12:43:52] Andy McPhail: by the way, if this does NOT work, do you have cameras with WPS button ?
      [12:44:08] Andy McPhail: this allows wifi connection so much easier (I have been told)
      [12:44:34] elaine_zheng2: Sorry , not WPS
      Last edited by mcphailan.; 13-08-15 at 01:43 PM.

Thanks

No WPS, no ethernet. No offence, but it is not the sort of camera I would buy. I can't find a good write up on Jide Tech Cameras anywhere and the manuals are like hen's teeth. Sorry I can't be of more help.

If you decide to return it, have a look at the Foscam range, they are good and well supported. Amazon.co.uk: foscam ip camera

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

No WPS, no ethernet. No offence, but it is not the sort of camera I would buy. I can't find a good write up on Jide Tech Cameras anywhere and the manuals are like hen's teeth. Sorry I can't be of more help.

If you decide to return it, have a look at the Foscam range, they are good and well supported. Amazon.co.uk: foscam ip camera
      Thanks for the Foscam tip. Yes the bloody thing only works on wired ethernet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast