Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

On Demand Forgotten Password

This is a discussion on On Demand Forgotten Password within the Sky On Demand forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Recently had an updated Sky+ box fitted by Sky which came with an internal "On Demand" fitted. This replaced the ...

JannerJack is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Marnhull
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

On Demand Forgotten Password

Recently had an updated Sky+ box fitted by Sky which came with an internal "On Demand" fitted. This replaced the original external"On Demand" box sent by Sky and installed. When the engineer tried to connect me to the internal system, I have forgotten the password for "On Demand".

The external one is still working OK but I would love to try and get the internal one working.

Any ideas of how to recover (or change - but then you normally need the old password which I have forgotten) that password so I can get the internal "on Demand" working

Thanks

JJ

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: On Demand Forgotten Password

The password you need is the wifi key of the router. If you have not changed it it will be on the label of the router. If you have changed it, depending on your router it may be shown in full in the Security section of the Wireless setting. If it is not shown and you can't recall it, all you can do is reset the router by holding in the reset button on the rear of the router for about 10 seconds. This will return it to the default key, which is always 8 capital letters, no numbers.

Edit - Sorry I have just noticed you are not with Sky broadband. Most of this holds true except the default password will not be 8 letters, it could be just about any combination.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      The password you need is the wifi key of the router. If you have not changed it it will be on the label of the router. If you have changed it, depending on your router it may be shown in full in the Security section of the Wireless setting. If it is not shown and you can't recall it, all you can do is reset the router by holding in the reset button on the rear of the router for about 10 seconds. This will return it to the default key, which is always 8 capital letters, no numbers.

Edit - Sorry I have just noticed you are not with Sky broadband. Most of this holds true except the default password will not be 8 letters, it could be just about any combination.
      Thanks. I will try it and you are right my router is a Netgear. I will try the default password. The old system is working fine but it would be nice to get the internal one working and remove the external one.

I will let you know

Cheers

JJ

Thanks

Worked fine with the access code to the router. Now up and running. Thanks very much

JJ