Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Like Tree5Likes

Slow On Demand/Catchup

This is a discussion on Slow On Demand/Catchup within the Sky On Demand forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; For me it's everything - BBC, Sky Atlantic, Discovery - and no discernible pattern of time of day or day ...

Rhythmwiz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Slow On Demand/Catchup

For me it's everything - BBC, Sky Atlantic, Discovery - and no discernible pattern of time of day or day of week.

2. Advertisement
      paulkerdot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newton Mearns
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Apple Time Capsule
      Thanks

Channel 5 was slow for me again last night. Haven't had a chance to check other channels again.

​BT Infinity 2 51369/14357
      Sky Fibre Unlimited 39999/10000
      Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro 49394/18767 Was before I got DLM'd down to 45000 but now downgraded

Sky Fibre Unlimited 39999/1999
      Sky Broadband Unlimited 10487/1049

paulkerdot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newton Mearns
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Apple Time Capsule
      Thanks

Catchup has been fine. All back to normal now.

​BT Infinity 2 51369/14357
      Sky Fibre Unlimited 39999/10000
      Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro 49394/18767 Was before I got DLM'd down to 45000 but now downgraded

Sky Fibre Unlimited 39999/1999
      Sky Broadband Unlimited 10487/1049

vfx
      vfx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub 2 SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD x4 MS
      Thanks

There's something odd going on here. Even on the Sky Store or New Releases/new stuff for Friday movies. Going in and resetting the Network tab comes up with strange results. Connection to OnDemand FAIL then corrects itself within 1 - 4 seconds. Can produce this time and time again but it always happens when they start updating things on Friday mornings. Usually through the week it's perfectly fine.

However, because of this all the thumbnail are very slow to display causing the box functions with a long wait. It's happening on both boxes. Both connected via Ethernet.

Sky on demand stopped working - connection fail - Sky Community

O_o

Try resetting the connection, go to Settings > Network and press select and then the red button, sometimes it can take a few presses of the red button to get it to work.
      If this hasn't worked remove the ethernet cable from the back of the box that goes to either your router or the wireless connector then plug it back in after 3 minutes.

Something else to try is to reboot your sky box at the mains, after powering it back up wait a further 5 minutes before using the box again.
      http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/On-Deman...n/td-p/2188675

sharon.dean1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: talktalk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi All
      On reading all the above, I am getting the same problem, also not finding Broadband (Even though it states that Everything is connected and Ok)
      I have disconected and rebooted so many times, and it always comes up the same, initially saying your connected, press red to go to catchup., but when I do it comes up "No connection is available at the moment.

Help plz.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sharon.dean1 View Post
      Hi All
      On reading all the above, I am getting the same problem, also not finding Broadband (Even though it states that Everything is connected and Ok)
      I have disconected and rebooted so many times, and it always comes up the same, initially saying your connected, press red to go to catchup., but when I do it comes up "No connection is available at the moment.

Help plz.
      If you are unable to connect your problem is different from those in this thread. There seems to be a lot of problems with TalkTalk and Sky On Demand. First thing to try is check hat your router has the correct date and time. Make sure it is set to update automatically.
      Next change the Multiplexing on your router. Log onto router and go to Advanced. Click Basic on left then WAN. On that page change Encapsulation mode to LLC from VC-Mux.

Also read through the article in this thread to make sure you have not missed something.
      http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-demand/51400-how-get-demand.html

Edit - I have come across more complaints about TalkTalk and Sky On Demand. It seems a recent update to the TalkTalk router has broken the ability to connect to On Demand, One of the recommendations is to set up the Sky box with a manual IP. To do this -
      Press the Services button on the Sky remote
      Press > button to go to Settings
      Scroll down and along to select Network.
      Press Green key on Sky remote to select Manual IP Configuration.
      Set the IP Address to 192.168.1.254
      Subnet .....................255.255.255.0
      Gateway...................192.168.1.1
      DNS............................8.8.8.8.
      Click Green button to save settings

If it does not connect immediately switch box to Standby, then power off for a minute then power back on.
      Last edited by Isitme; 03-03-15 at 03:52 PM.
      sharon.dean1 likes this.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Wingco is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Pleased I found this thread. I'm having the same problem with HD downloads via Plusnet Fibre, on a Samsung STB. In HD the download starts and shortly afterwards the available to view appears. On starting the download it eventually stops with the "Download in progress...." message. SD downloads are not a problem. My download speeds are around 68mbps.

Thanks

@Wingco
      You may find emptying the Deleted programs folder and doing a Planner rebuild helps, especially if you have a small HDD. Some of us are of the opinion that the deleted programs being held in the box cause the software to malfunction as the box does not have enough free space. Deleting everything and doing a planner rebuild is much the same as defragging your PC. It brings everything together leaving a block of free space rather than space scattered all over the disk. This is particularly important with HD programs which need a lot of space.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Wingco is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Sorry to be a pain could you remind me how to do the delete deleted items please.

Thanks

If you have the Samsung you will still be on the old formware so the Deleted tab is to the left of the All link in your planner. With the latest firmware which you will not get, it is clearly shown in the menu bar of the Planner.

TomD

Useful Utilites

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

Wingco (06-04-15)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast