Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

On Demand Download Format

This is a discussion on On Demand Download Format within the Sky On Demand forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; For this setting in the customise tab, i only have options for 'SD only' & 'Always ask'. My subscription is ...

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

On Demand Download Format

For this setting in the customise tab, i only have options for 'SD only' & 'Always ask'.

My subscription is the legacy package shown as 'Variety HD'.

Considering that although i don't subscribe to sports or movies, i do have the old HD pack which would give access to the HD versions of those programmes, i was wondering why i don't have the 'HD only' or 'HD if available' option there.

Currently, everything on demand that i'm able to download & watch can be done so in HD, so why can't i set that as the default?

2. Advertisement
      Annie UK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWFEL
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: TP-Link Archer C7
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: On Demand Download Format

This is because of the stupid rules for the option to be enabled. I removed movies then lost the option of HD when available, so you need at least on set of premium HD channels to get the option which, IMO is totally nuts.

BTW, I now have the Family pack so get all HD channels other than premium.
      Annie 🦋..........
      My Sky+HD FAQ
      (now with more questions)
      My Sky hardware and setup

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: On Demand Download Format

Thanks.

I thought i'd read something once about needing a premium sub, but like you considered that to be totally nuts so thought it might have been something buggy related to having a legacy package.

Strange decision sky...