Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

On Demand - its changed already!

This is a discussion on On Demand - its changed already! within the Sky On Demand forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; There are some changes coming for entertainment extra customers, one appears to be that we lose box sets. We got ...

mattylad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCROSS
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

On Demand - its changed already!

There are some changes coming for entertainment extra customers, one appears to be that we lose box sets.

We got a letter only a couple of days ago saying that we have until the 7th May, before then anything we download we will be able to use. (We dont have HD)

Only today - there are no box sets available, no listing etc.
      The same for catchup.

Keeps searching then giving me some rubbish about not having a connection to my router.
      Yet everything else works OK, power down and no difference.
      The router access is fine.

Are they perhaps making changes early?

I will be losing the box sets that were part of my package, this pees me off as I used them often.
      I'd wait until an entire series was available for download then get it and be able to watch it all over a short time.

2. Advertisement
      gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: On Demand - its changed already!

In my library section, the boxsets have the message 'ends soon' in a red triangle, bottom right corner of the thumbnail & 'available until 30th april' tagged on the end of the synopsis info.

edit: I have entertainment extra & the old style 10.25 hd pack.
      edit2: I haven't had a letter & thought this change wouldn't be affecting me.
      Last edited by gymno; 28-04-13 at 07:38 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gymno For This Useful Post:

mattylad (28-04-13)

mattylad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCROSS
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

The letter reads that they are introducing a new package but goes on to say that it will be available for ee+ users after 7th May.

We are ee users - no +.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
      The letter reads that they are introducing a new package but goes on to say that it will be available for ee+ users after 7th May.

We are ee users - no +.
      Without HD, you're on the equivalent of EE (not EE+) so no boxsets for you is as predicted i'm afraid, which is no doubt why you got the letter.

On a more selfish note, it is a different story for me.
      I do have the equivalent of EE+ yet the info via ondemand is telling me boxsets won't be available soon.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I do have the equivalent of EE+ yet the info via ondemand is telling me boxsets won't be available soon.
      So do I and I appear to have the box sets available. I am downloading eps 1-13 of the original Star Trek at the moment.

I have EE, HD pack and Movies. When I tried to sign up for EE+, it told me I already had it!

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

It's changed!

Warning triangle is still there, in the bottom right corner of relevant thumbnails but no more silly info about ending april 30th in the synopsis any more.

coipu is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: opnSense-I78550-Fanless
      Sky TV: Cord Cut
      Thanks

This is another example of why I'm cancelling Sky as soon as I'm out of contract (other providers are the same too). You pay your subscription and they mess you around with complicated packages designed to make you pay more. They leave the adverts in downloadable content (which cant be helped if its not their content granted), more annoyingly in their own content they remove ads but leave in the channel idents (having just spent a whole weekend catching up on this Game of Thrones malarky I could happily stab everyone in the Sky Atlantic ident ). I'm personally not prepared to put up with Sky's greed anymore (we are paying to watch 1/3 viewing time of crap adverts), an hour program is around 20mins of blinkin adverts. I'm the customer give me a smooth ad free/box set/HD experience like the pirates get or Sky can go forth and multiply and I'll buy myself an eypatch and board ship.

It's like hopping in the car you've bought and paid for to nip to shops, turning the key and hearing; "Hi and thanks for choosing Vauxhall motors, you'll get ignition right after these messages from our sponsors, after April 25th your air conditioning and fifth gear will only be available if you migrate to our special mindless pleb support package!"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to coipu For This Useful Post:

$kyGuy (30-04-13)

$kyGuy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irvine
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coipu View Post

It's like hopping in the car you've bought and paid for to nip to shops, turning the key and hearing; "Hi and thanks for choosing Vauxhall motors, you'll get ignition right after these messages from our sponsors, after April 25th your air conditioning and fifth gear will only be available if you migrate to our special mindless pleb support package!"
      That made me laugh I feel your pain coipu.
      Panasonic TH-42PX80 * LG Home Theatre * Sky+HD Samsung

abatt84 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0161
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

So if you don't have EE+ you lose access to the on demand box sets? When does this happen?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I think if you have EE and the HD pack, you will not loose anything. If you only have the basic Entertainment pack, then you will have to upgrade to EE+ to get access to the box sets.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

speedyrite (30-04-13)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast