Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

On Demand - its changed already!

This is a discussion on On Demand - its changed already! within the Sky On Demand forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by coipu This is another example of why I'm cancelling Sky as soon as I'm out of contract ...

SadBloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: On Demand - its changed already!

Quote Originally Posted by coipu View Post
      This is another example of why I'm cancelling Sky as soon as I'm out of contract (other providers are the same too).
      If they are all the same what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by coipu View Post
      It's like hopping in the car you've bought and paid for to nip to shops
      But after you cancel it will be like hopping in the car you have stolen and hoping no one catches you?

2. Advertisement
      coipu is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: opnSense-I78550-Fanless
      Sky TV: Cord Cut
      Thanks

The point is I wouldn't have ANY paid TV service again from any company unless it offered the same ad free, HD quality that the pirates enjoy, I thought the point was obvious. Copyright and Ad revenue greed is all that prevent a legal service with these benefits. Theoretically I would enjoy a better TV experience illegally downloading HD programmes with the ads removed that I'm currently paying Sky for. If you can't see the point then by all means keep paying through the nose for the Sky experience, at least then most of my series should keep getting commissioned, when I start enjoying them for the cost of a pipe and a small vpn trail.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

I appreciate what you are suggesting here coipu, but in truth it depends upon what you are watching and how.

Most TV series which you can download are limited to 720p at best. Sky HD broadcasts are in 1080i with 5.1 sound. Some channels only broadcast in AC3, not the full 5.1.

Of course for those who don't have a full 1080p HD TV it would be less of a contest. As for the sound difference, some of the downloads are in full 5.1 sound, others are limited to AC3 or stereo.

As for the advertising, this can give you time to get a cup of tea, fast forward where you had used the Live Pause or anything else which takes your fancy. Besides, some of the adverts can be quite funny. Anyone else want to use the Black Hole to get rid of Wynne Evans?

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

dragon2611 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: AAISP + Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      I appreciate what you are suggesting here coipu, but in truth it depends upon what you are watching and how.

Most TV series which you can download are limited to 720p at best. Sky HD broadcasts are in 1080i with 5.1 sound. Some channels only broadcast in AC3, not the full 5.1.
      Depends where you look, Chances are if the original was broadcast in 1080p with DTS/5.1 then it will be available in that format at least somewhere on the internet.

Of course it won't be a particularly small Download/Stream however

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12