Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Lack of visibility of when episodes are available to watch.

This is a discussion on Lack of visibility of when episodes are available to watch. within the Sky On Demand forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, Enjoying the access to on-demand with SKY but I find it very frustrating with the lack of visibility of ...

mrbazzerman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Lack of visibility of when episodes are available to watch.

Hi,

Enjoying the access to on-demand with SKY but I find it very frustrating with the lack of visibility of when episodes will be available.

I am currently half way through series 1 of Game of Thrones and on demand currently are showing episodes 1 to 5. I contacted SKY asking when they would show the remaining episodes and they said "they don't know".

I may be missing something but who wants to watch only half a series? If there was a pattern to it that they rotated each half of the series, say, every four weeks, then i would understand and would happily wait patiently.

Just wondering does anyone know what the logic is behind this system?

thanks

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Re: Lack of visibility of when episodes are available to watch.

Series one has been repeated several times already. It has even appeared on 'Pick TV'.

It is annoying that they have these Box Sets and they are left incomplete and that there is no information to let us know when the additional episodes will be added once more.

Series 2 is currently being shown on Sky Atlantic, in anticipation of series 3 starting in April I believe.

I know that it is naughty, but you may wish to consider downloading the series from the Internet or otherwise you will have to purchase the DVD or Blu-Ray of the first series.

Game of Thrones - Season 1 [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Sean Bean, Mark Addy, Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Kit Harington, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Emilia Clarke, Jason Momoa, Aidan Gillen: Film & TV

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Game-Thrones...2006143&sr=8-5

Definitely a series worth watching.

If you wish to consider getting series 2 at the same time:

Game of Thrones - Season 1-2 Complete [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Sean Bean, Mark Addy, Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey: Film & TV

Game of Thrones - Season 1-2 Complete Blu-ray Region Free: Amazon.co.uk: Sean Bean, Mark Addy, Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey: Film & TV

If you are into reading the books, series 2 covered books 2 & 3. There are 7 books in the series so far and George R.R. Martin is writing more.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

mrbazzerman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Hi Scubbie,

Thanks very much for the detailed response. I appreciate your time.

I know I arrived to the party very late when it comes to Game of Thrones. It was actually on Pick TV I started watching but as they only showed the first 3 episodes I've had to go looking elsewhere. I've got episodes 4 and 5 from "On Demand" so just need to find episodes 6 to 10 now :-)

I just found that since I got On Demand how frustrating it is when it comes to scheduling. Even the "never miss" service doesn't include on demand so I find myself searching through the content once a week to see if any of my favourite programmes that i wish to watch have become available. I don't think there is even a listing service available on the SKY website or a "coming soon" site.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Sky only showed Game of Thrones on their Sky Atlantic channel, which is specifically not available on Virgin or any other supplier's line up. In the USA it was also only shown on the HBO channel, which is also only available to a select group of customers.

Looking at the Wikipedia this appears to have been replicated across many other countries too. One view is that this caused the Game of Thrones to become the most pirated TV Series, according to TorrentFreak:

Game of Thrones Most Pirated TV-Show of 2012 | TorrentFreak

Piracy Doesn’t Hurt Game of Thrones, Director Says | TorrentFreak

I would surmise from this that you are not alone in the UK as a lot of people missed the series the first time around and it was very popular. Certainly I enjoyed watching it and there are some memorable and excellent scenes in the series.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms