Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree1Likes

Cannot get my On Demand working. Help?

This is a discussion on Cannot get my On Demand working. Help? within the Sky On Demand forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by onlyslightlymad Right, long story short, my On Demand is not working. I cannot see the catchup options. ...

sheriffdude is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: inverness
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Cannot get my On Demand working. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by onlyslightlymad View Post
      Right, long story short, my On Demand is not working. I cannot see the catchup options.

My setup is as follows.

Draytek Vigor 120 ADSL2+ modem
      D Link DIR-320 Router
      Sky+ HD Amstrad DRX890, fully up to date
      Sky wireless connector

No matter what I do, I continue to get Service connection - Fail

The thing that annoys me the most is that I am an IT engineer by trade, and network building is the bread and butter of my job!

My LAN is fully tried and tested and has been working solidly now for over 2 years with no problems with a myriad of items connected, both wired and wireless, and after speaking to Sky I was informed that as long as i have a working broadband connection, my on demand will work.

I initially set up the wirelss connector and set up the sky box with a static IP address as is required on my LAN, with all the necessary subnet mask, gateway address and DNS address details. It gives me a working local connection, which I can see from my PC on the LAN, but will not let me get a service connection, consequently no on demand.

I tried running a long ethernet cable from my router to the sky box which gave me the same problem.

I borrowed from work a combined ADSL modem/router, connected that to my ISP and plugged in the sky box via the wired connection and it worked instantly, proving my sky box is fully servicable.

Next I reset my modem and reset my own router, reconnected it with a basic configuration with no port forwarding or other restrictions as I run a web server and an FTP server from my LAN, accessible from the WAN and thought maybe something in the setup was interfering. Still no joy, service connection fail.

Obviously some setup either in my modem or router is stopping the on demand service from connecting, but I am running out of ideas now. Anyone got any idea what the problem might be?
      ok guys here it is how to connect you router to talktalk first off remember that when you put in your password it needs to be lower case as default the sky remote gives you cap first you have to keep pressing to get to lower case ..so try this first for me this did not work ..but here is the fix we have
      1/take out the Ethernet cable form the back of the sky box and plug it into a laptop then turn of the wireless connection on laptop then you need to go to http://skywirelessconnector when that page comes up go to wireless connection look for your network and insert your password and connect for me it said loading page for ages but i did see that the yellow triangle
      at the bottom went from yellow to connected i then pressed wireless connection again my network then showed up as connected then unplug cable and put back into sky box you on demand should now be working ...

2. Advertisement
      onlyslightlymad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sheriffdude View Post
      ok guys here it is how to connect you router to talktalk first off remember that when you put in your password it needs to be lower case as default the sky remote gives you cap first you have to keep pressing to get to lower case ..so try this first for me this did not work ..but here is the fix we have
      1/take out the Ethernet cable form the back of the sky box and plug it into a laptop then turn of the wireless connection on laptop then you need to go to http://skywirelessconnector when that page comes up go to wireless connection look for your network and insert your password and connect for me it said loading page for ages but i did see that the yellow triangle
      at the bottom went from yellow to connected i then pressed wireless connection again my network then showed up as connected then unplug cable and put back into sky box you on demand should now be working ...
      I'm sorry, but this bares absolutely no reference to the problem described and solved within this thread. Can I suggest you delete your answer and start a new thread more appropriate to the problem of connecting to TalkTalk.

RHilfi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Go to "services" then "customise" then go down to 3rd from bottom "broadband connection" and turn it "on" by clicking right. Then press green to save settings.
      now on demand will work :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12