Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Anytime+ menu reorganise

This is a discussion on Anytime+ menu reorganise within the Sky On Demand forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hey all, I haven't got the On Demand update yet, but Sky seems to have been doing some reorganising in ...

Aebleskiver is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Anytime+ menu reorganise

Hey all,

I haven't got the On Demand update yet, but Sky seems to have been doing some reorganising in the Anytime+ section because now there are Showcase, Library, Movies and Sky Store categories when first entering it... seems better organised how they've done it too.

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Anytime+ menu reorganise

When you have the awaited update, there should be no references to Anytime+

Have you just connected it to the net or similar?

Mine showed the old style until I plugged it in to the network.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Exchange:
      Thanks

Well, it has always been connected to the 'net, but it seems like today they've reorganised all the categories in the on demand section... it seems far more logical now than the mess it was before.

Did you get the same four tabs when you had Anytime+? Like when you press the red button, I now just get the tabs Showcase, Library, Movies and Sky Store... before there used to be a whole plethora of tabs, and you'd illogically have to press left to get to Channels but now it's more sensibly filed under Library...

Also the sub-categories under things like Entertainment in the Library section are a lot more useful.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

I've been busy doing other things today and have just picked this change up too.

It looks a lot more slick to what it used to be and also reduces the number of heading in the bar. Hopefully this will make it easier to find things in the long term, but I guess we'll have to learn the new layout first.

Also do look at the new 'Channel' filter which has been added (green button). This should help you to find some of the content more quickly if you know which channel a programme/movie was shown on.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

Aebleskiver (20-09-12)

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for the tip on the channel filter, pretty useful addition.

I'm guessing that when the new firmware makes it way through, they'll add a Catchup tab along with the main four when going to the on demand section? Or will it be under Library?
      It seems like it would make sense for it to be a main tab and easier for people to spot!

Btw, is your box having any trouble connecting to the Anytime+ service now? This menu rejig seems to have coincided with the box having problems maintaining the service connection so I'm wondering if they're doing some more maintenance work on it...

Thanks

I don't get the Anytime+ service at all any more.

Mine got renamed some time ago to 'On Demand', which works just fine.

As for the tip, no problem. There are quite a few other changes gradually being rolled out now and they should make the Sky+ HD STB much more easier to use.

I know that a lot of people were upset over loosing the 11 lines for 8 lines, whilst others were happy to gain the extra two lines. With all these changes now becoming available to the public on the DRX890 and DRX895, I trust that people can start to see how it all makes sense.

Sky has invested a lot in the On Demand service and with the Catch Up TV coming very soon, things are looking even better all the time.

Those who need to can see the price of the 'Sky Store' items, before they are downloaded. Also for those who are on broadband packages with monthly caps, they can check just how big a programme or film is before they download it. The 'help' has been improved hugely to what it was before and hopefully the Planner Sharing will be coming soon.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

Aebleskiver (21-09-12)

Exchange:
      Thanks

Well it's finally good to see Sky and UK broadcasters getting serious with the on-demand services... my thought on it is "about time!"

I don't know anything about Virgin Media, but a friend of mine in Minneapolis has had on-demand and catchup style services through their TV set top box for something like a decade now. o.O I remember being pretty fascinated with it when I visited back in 2004!

Their STB was a curious device that I've never seen used over here before (I don't think VM have ever used anything like this?). It had a cable co-ax input, and then as well as sitting under the telly providing TV services, it also had an ethernet out that could be connected directly to a PC or router for the internet services... so like a cable internet modem and smart TV box all in one! EDIT: Seems like VM/NTL were doing similar since at least 2001, but apparently it wasn't very reliable compared to having a separate cable modem...
      Last edited by Aebleskiver; 21-09-12 at 12:51 AM.

Thanks

VM has had various On Demand content for a while now. Sky has been a little slow in getting it signed up.

Once it is launched we'll give you more information but it looks really exciting with the addition of Channel 4 early next year too.

VM has also just launched their Planner Sharing apps. This is something too that Sky will be adding later. Just what devices will be allowed to access the Sky+ HD STB though has not been confirmed, although the SkyHD STB will be on the list.

There was a PC app which was available for a short period, but this is no longer available. Sky may also make something available for Tablets and smart phones. Obviously more on these when we can.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Whoever's working on it seems to be still shuffling items about now and again, noticed it had changed slightly again

With the planning sharing, hopefully that'll be integrated into a lot of different projects unless Sky decide to add authentication to that protocol which might cause problems unless it can be cracked easily... (or has it been already in the new firmware?)

Thanks

I believe that someone has been busy working to resolve different issues with the new layout of the On Demand section.

Of course there will be more changes once the Catch Up TV is launched too.

As for cracking the Sky encryption, there are people out there who already delve into this. I don't know how good they are at present but there is a market for it. There are also people who already upload content from Sky for torrents, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast