Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

Sky On Demand - New Section

This is a discussion on Sky On Demand - New Section within the Sky On Demand forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; We have set a new forum up for Sky's On Demand service, seems as it is now replacing Anytime+ All ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Sky On Demand - New Section

We have set a new forum up for Sky's On Demand service, seems as it is now replacing Anytime+

All the old Anytime+ threads are still in the Anytime+ forum, but we have now demoted that forum to a sub forum of the new On Demand forum.

Confused? You will be.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Re: Sky On Demand - New Section

Basically Sky is re-branding Anytime+ to On Demand. On Demand will also be the place where you will find the new Catch Up TV section when that is launched soon.

Initially Catch Up TV won't include all the different players which Sky has announced that it will include. ITV Player, Demand Five and Sky's new catch up service will be present. BBC iPlayer will be added at a later date still to be confirmed.

Sky has not confirmed anything else about the other content providers such as Channel 4 or UKTV, but I would hope that all the rest will someday join the line up and provide both SD and HD content for the Catch Up TV service.

Of course all this content will be available to download over the Internet so please do look at how you can now connect your Sky+ HD STB to the Internet if you have not already done so as you could be missing out on a great new way to watch your television. This forum already has many suitable suggestions for various different scenarios, but things change regularly with computing and networking and new items are released on a regular basis. So please do check the forums for any new developments or start a new thread if you require some help.

All this content downloading will take up some of your monthly allowance if your broadband package has a limit. At the time of writing this the Sky Broadband Connect package no longer counts the Anytime+/On Demand downloads as a part of the monthly allowance. Do please keep an eye on your usage and consider how you can improve things (i.e. change package or provider).

In essence On Demand is a service that increases the choice of content available for you to watch.
      NewsreadeR likes this.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

OldFourEyes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01260
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Received the new EPG with On Demand during last night on my Amstrad DRX895.

Looks good and will be even better when BBC iPlayer goes on line.

- - - Updated - - -

Received the new EPG with On Demand during last night on my Amstrad DRX895.

Looks good and will be even better when BBC iPlayer goes on line.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, wrong section. I just noticed Scubby's thread.

timothyclarke.skystaff is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sky
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Staff Package
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Basically Sky is re-branding Anytime+ to On Demand. On Demand will also be the place where you will find the new Catch Up TV section when that is launched soon.

Initially Catch Up TV won't include all the different players which Sky has announced that it will include. ITV Player, Demand Five and Sky's new catch up service will be present. BBC iPlayer will be added at a later date still to be confirmed.

Sky has not confirmed anything else about the other content providers such as Channel 4 or UKTV, but I would hope that all the rest will someday join the line up and provide both SD and HD content for the Catch Up TV service.

Of course all this content will be available to download over the Internet so please do look at how you can now connect your Sky+ HD STB to the Internet if you have not already done so as you could be missing out on a great new way to watch your television. This forum already has many suitable suggestions for various different scenarios, but things change regularly with computing and networking and new items are released on a regular basis. So please do check the forums for any new developments or start a new thread if you require some help.

All this content downloading will take up some of your monthly allowance if your broadband package has a limit. At the time of writing this the Sky Broadband Connect package no longer counts the Anytime+/On Demand downloads as a part of the monthly allowance. Do please keep an eye on your usage and consider how you can improve things (i.e. change package or provider).

In essence On Demand is a service that increases the choice of content available for you to watch.

Just to be aware, Sky On Demand (formally Sky Anytime+) will be going live with Channel 4 on demand, this will include all of the Channel 4 channels, - Channel 4, E4, 4Music and More4 - however film4 will not be available due to licencing agreements (Channel 4 does not own any of the films it releases on Film4 but has licence to broadcast on that channel). The exact date for the 4oD to go live is currently unknown to everyone at the moment, but it will be very soon, and will operate in the same fashion as BBC iPlayer and ITVPlayer, 5Demand and SkyTV Demand. Your EPGs will automatically update and allow you access to the service as soon as it is available.

-TimClarke

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ALL VIEWS ON 'SKYUSER.CO.UK' ARE ALL MY OWN AND ARE NOT THE VIEWS OF BSKYB OR ANY OTHER SKY COMPANY COMPANY. ALL INFORMATION RELATES TO SKY TV WITHIN THE UK AND NORTHERN IRELAND ONLY.

I AM NOT ABLE TO MAKE CHANGES TO USER ACCOUNTS, SkyID's OR ANY OTHER AREAS TO YOUR TELEVISION SERVICE, BROADBAND OR TELEPHONE SERVICES. PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICES AT SKY DIRECTLY VIA THE WEBSITE FOR ALL CONTACT INFORMATION: http://contactus.sky.com
      Last edited by timothyclarke.skystaff; 17-03-13 at 07:35 PM. Reason: CORRECTION: Web address to the Sky Contact Page

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by timothyclarke.skystaff View Post
      The exact date for the 4oD to go live is currently unknown to everyone at the moment
      What about the global communication sent out by Sky to all customers advising of the launch date?!?!?!

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by timothyclarke.skystaff View Post
      The exact date for the 4oD to go live is currently unknown to everyone at the moment
      From Monday, Sky customers will be able to access the most complete catch-up TV service anywhere in the UK following the addition of 4 on demand (4oD) to Sky’s On Demand service.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-n...v-service.html
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Welcome to the forum Tim. As has been pointed out, my original post was dated 9th September 2012 and the information was correct at the time.

Since then Sky has made a public announcement that 4oD will be enabled on everyone's STBs from 18th March 2013 (i.e. tomorrow).
      I do not know what specific time it will be enabled, but it will be an over-the-air update to enable the service, not a firmware update.

I would expect it to go live early in the morning, but I could well be wrong.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

gt119 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hello,
      I have both Sky+HD STB and Sky HD STB (DRX 595C), the later with no hard drive but with ethernet port.
      Both have active subscriptions.
      Can the Sky HD STB be connected via WiFi to the Sky+HD STB to access stored programmes or and/or on-demand?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Not yet. It is rumoured that this will be available in the future, provided you have compatible boxes. It would be done via the router, not by box to box connection.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

cylon6 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

What a pleasant surprise!

BBC iPlayer has had an update on the Sky platform and it is much clearer. Channels, categories, collections and best of all it FINALLY has an 'All' section with every programme on iPlayer in alphabetical order.
      Paul2003 likes this.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cylon6 For This Useful Post:

Scubbie (17-05-14)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast