Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Wireless On Demand Service Problem

This is a discussion on Wireless On Demand Service Problem within the Sky Catch Up TV forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Up until a couple of months ago Iíve had my SkyHD box On Demand working perfectly happily wirelessly via a ...

Misguided is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WMRJ
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Wireless On Demand Service Problem

Up until a couple of months ago Iíve had my SkyHD box On Demand working perfectly happily wirelessly via a Netgear WNCE2001 Wireless Adapter. However something has changed and now often when I try to use it the Showcase pictures are blank and there is no connection. I can go to Setup/Network and it will show the On Demand Connection as OK but if I do a red button reset is it comes up as FAIL, but then if I go to On Demand itís working and will download iplayer etc. fine. However thereís a good chance it will be in fail mode the next time I come to use it.
      I had a theory that it was related to Sky starting DLM on the line in July, but Iím told DLM has now finished.

I have one of the free sky Wireless adapters and tried that. It was possibly a little more stable in that it would tell me it couldnít access menus but would then work after a delay. I was going to do a Network reset but this involves putting in the code so didnít bother. However using the Sky adapter was far slower. Using the Netgear I can watch HD content within a minute of starting download but with the Sky one I gave up after half an hour.

Any suggestions as to whatís going wrong? Has anyone else found the Sky adapter very slow?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Wireless On Demand Service Problem

If it is one of the new Sky adapters it should be about the same as the Netgear, if it is one of the older ones it will be slower as it is rated 'G' against the Netgear's 'N'.

It could be congestion on the wireless channel the router is using which is causing your problems. Download and run Inssider, link below, and use it to discover the clearest channel.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

Misguided (16-09-13)

JOHN HAYES is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: B T
      Router: B T
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

After a short power cut i cannot connect the sky catch up box with my router any advice please

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

What's a 'catch up box'?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.