Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Like Tree13Likes

When is 40D coming 2013

This is a discussion on When is 40D coming 2013 within the Sky Catch Up TV forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Is the red button feature during the adverts on Sky channels saying "go here for more info" or something? That's ...

cylon6 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: When is 40D coming 2013

Is the red button feature during the adverts on Sky channels saying "go here for more info" or something? That's been around awhile. I like how the "remind me" green button prompt appears on BBC channels now and some of the other multichannels. I'd like to see ITV/Channel 4/Channel 5 adopt that feature too. Is interleaving when you are recording a programme on a channel and then one from one of the players which makes the recording from the channel sometimes say "recording interrupted" at all?

The library is great but I do envy the Virgin service for BBC stuff as the only BBC stuff on Sky in the library is what's shown on other channels like Watch/Gold/Alibi etc. With Virgin they're offering stuff like all of Red Dwarf, classic Doctor Who, The Goodies, House Of Cards. Different deals but Virgin has a great offering.

2. Advertisement
      jayhab is offline Site Content Team
      Exchange: Connah's Quay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: not any more!
      Thanks

I do keep kicking myself for not getting on the epg beta - I picked up a drx890 about a week after the sign up closed!
      If only someone could put in a word for me..... ;-)

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cylon6 View Post
      Is the red button feature during the adverts on Sky channels saying "go here for more info" or something? That's been around awhile. I like how the "remind me" green button prompt appears on BBC channels now and some of the other multichannels. I'd like to see ITV/Channel 4/Channel 5 adopt that feature too. Is interleaving when you are recording a programme on a channel and then one from one of the players which makes the recording from the channel sometimes say "recording interrupted" at all?
      This was added with the first public release during the summer.

Whether the other channels use it is entirely up to them. Not all of them reguarly use the Green button option as it is to provide links to forthcoming shows.

Quote Originally Posted by cylon6 View Post
      The library is great but I do envy the Virgin service for BBC stuff as the only BBC stuff on Sky in the library is what's shown on other channels like Watch/Gold/Alibi etc. With Virgin they're offering stuff like all of Red Dwarf, classic Doctor Who, The Goodies, House Of Cards. Different deals but Virgin has a great offering.
      It is down to the content providers to make the content available on the Sky STB. Watch, Gold, etc. If they are making more available for VM customers than Sky then it is they who need to be complained to.

Quote Originally Posted by jayhab View Post
      I do keep kicking myself for not getting on the epg beta - I picked up a drx890 about a week after the sign up closed!
      If only someone could put in a word for me..... ;-)
      Sorry, not in my hands.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      This was added with the first public release during the summer.

Whether the other channels use it is entirely up to them. Not all of them reguarly use the Green button option as it is to provide links to forthcoming shows.
      The green button is very good. Pleased to see other channels use it as you can set the record facility with it. Why ITV don't use it is beyond me.

It is down to the content providers to make the content available on the Sky STB. Watch, Gold, etc. If they are making more available for VM customers than Sky then it is they who need to be complained to.
      But Virgin customers are getting content that hasn't been broadcast on UKTV, they truly are getting a BBC back catalogue offering.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

I used my Home Theatre's BBC iPlayer app earlier and also searched the content on the Sky+ HD STB. Neither had the content which you listed.

This leads me to assume that either the BBC are making the content available to VM or UKTV (who run Watch, Gold, etc.) are doing so.

Red Dwarf, for example, has all been shown on Watch. It is up to them whether they wish to make it available on the Sky platform. Could I suggest that you send them an email and ask for a statement as to why it isn't available on the Sky platform?

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

As I said Virgin customers have a greater variety of BBC content to choose from as it's BBC Worldwide I think that has signed the deal with them. With Sky it's only BBC shows that have been on UKTV channels. That's why I'm slightly jealous of my Virgin friends that have told me they've been watching original run Doctor Who. Very jealous indeed!

Thanks

What a pleasant surprise greeted me on Sky Catch Up today.

Sky Movies and Sky Sports have their own sections along with National Geographic, History Channel and the Crime Channel. And a 4oD tab saying "Coming Spring 2013." Nice!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

They have also given the Crime channel its own tab, which I thought a bit strange. Surely Sky 1 or Atlantic would havew been more useful? Or is the Crime channel more popular than I imagine? I just hope the 4OD offering will be the full monty and not a cut down version like BBCiPlayer.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      They have also given the Crime channel its own tab, which I thought a bit strange. Surely Sky 1 or Atlantic would havew been more useful? Or is the Crime channel more popular than I imagine? I just hope the 4OD offering will be the full monty and not a cut down version like BBCiPlayer.
      I think the iPlayer on Sky is very good. The only things it doesn't have are live streaming and radio but the TV section is comprehensive. But I do hope that the 4oD we get on Sky will have the library but I see no reason why it shouldn't be part of the service.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I think the iPlayer on Sky is very good. The only things it doesn't have are live streaming and radio but the TV section is comprehensive.
      Do you think so? BBC iPlayer on my TV gives a far bigger range and has several episodes of many programs, not just the one in SD or HD you get with Sky. It also gives 9 BBC channels to chooose from.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast