Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

No catch-up service on On Demand

This is a discussion on No catch-up service on On Demand within the Sky Catch Up TV forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Originally Posted by Scubbie It you look in the 'All' button in the Library section, there is a couple of ...

cylon6 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: No catch-up service on On Demand

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      It you look in the 'All' button in the Library section, there is a couple of items for Channel 5, but not much.

I would suggest that it is very possible for the different providers to add more content in this manner, but it is down to different agreements and licensing.

Come next Tuesday we'll be able to talk more freely about the BBC iPlayer content and what it is like as everyone will finally be able to see it.
      Well someone on Digital Spy has been talking about the service and it looks like it will not disappoint in terms of channel and programme choices. Going live around 2am ish on October 30th? Here's hoping!

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Whoever is talking is breaking the NDA agreements. I have no intention of doing this.

Someone over on Digital Spy has previously had posts pulled for saying something which they should not have done. This is all I can say on the matter.

I think it is fair to say that most people will be happy with what they are able to get at this stage and that if someone has been talking, then they will miss out on seeing the next set of developments early, which will be added later once they have been provern.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

Developments to the EPG, catch up players or is it something you can't confirm which it is due to NDA? The person on Digital Spy said they were no longer under NDA which I think is unusual as I assumed a person would stay under that until things they work on go live.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cylon6 View Post
      Developments to the EPG, catch up players or is it something you can't confirm which it is due to NDA?
      Once it is properly launched we can discuss it more.

Since the ITV Player & Demand 5 are now fully launched, anyone involved in the Beta trials can happily talk about them in public. I've just made a few further posts regarding the Denon AV issue, reported on this forum first. These can be discussed happily.

Quote Originally Posted by cylon6 View Post
      The person on Digital Spy said they were no longer under NDA which I think is unusual as I assumed a person would stay under that until things they work on go live.
      Really? Since there are aspects of the Beta trial still on-going and more new things promised, there is I believe still some responsibility to keep quiet about some things. I don't think it is appropriate for me to divulge the reasons why, but I promise you that I will post what I can when I can and not before. The advantage to the membership is that all those involved in the beta trials, not just myself, are in a position to guide members when they don't quite understand something with the new features. I also promise you that we all do listen to what is posted hear (and other forums) and feedback many of the points raised.

I can't promise that everything which has been fed back to the development team will be acted upon (i.e. enable the USB ports), but there are many others which are being seriously looked at. Annoyingly to everyone, I can't say what they are as we do not know when they will be added nor what they will look like when they are. Mostly because I don't know those answers myself.

What I can say though is that if you know someone who watches Sky TV, encourage them to get a Sky+HD or SkyHD STB, if they haven't already. Also encourage them to connect it to their Internet connection too. Their viewing habits may just change for the better.

Also, if you could provide a link to the thread on Digital Spy I would be grateful. I am busy on the other forums I frequent so tend not to visit that one myself too often.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

I think come Tuesday we're all going to be back here discussing the iPlayer! Possible upcoming improvements judging from your wording Scubbie sound very exciting. Improvements to what we have already? Bring it on! Believe in better has never been more apt!

And as I've been in several DS threads about EPGs I'll try and find which one had the comments and PM you.

Aebleskiver is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Thanks

Good to see there's a bit of BBC HD content on there, although the Beeb could do with putting a lot more HD on iPlayer in general. :P

My only disappointment is that iPlayer radio content is absent, so the service should really be named iPlayer TV if it isn't going to offer the full range... unless someone knows if it's going to be added in the radio section at some point?
      Last edited by Aebleskiver; 30-10-12 at 03:05 PM.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I think I mentioned this some time ago. Radio iPlayer is only available on the PC version. It has never been available on the internet TV version of iPlayer. I don't know whether this is due to licensing issues or whether they think there would be little demand for it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Proddy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01275
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alancha View Post
      Right. I called Sky and was fairly quickly put through to a nice Scottish lady in their technical department. She checked a few obvious things, which were all correct, and also asked me to read her my box serial number. After a couple of minutes, she asked me to go back to On Demand via Sky Guide and sure enough it had started working as it should.

I asked her what she'd done and it turns out that the serial number of my box wasn't recorded at their end, so when they sent out the signal to enable the On Demand services, it didn't reach my box.

So - problem solved in only a few minutes. I'm impressed by the excellent support I have to say from Sky as well as from the people on this thread. Also, at first sight, the Catch Up and other On Demand services look very interesting.
      Exactly the same problem as I had - On Demand, but no catch-up, thought it was something I would have to put up with as my STB is a little old. So I thought I would give Sky a call. The VERY helpful, posssibly the same, Scottish lady guided me to Options/Customise and it transpires my STB did not automatically detect the Ethernet connection to my Sky router, There is "Broudband Connection" setting that simply needed switching on.

Then she waved her magic Sky Wand and the Catch-Up service is now enabled and fully functional. I actually now feel that my subscription to Sky +HD, entertainment package and Fibre Broadband is pretty well worth it. Great service, great back-up.

But dont tell Sky I said that
      Last edited by Proddy; 16-11-12 at 12:44 PM.

bjammin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0151
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

only just seen this thread but had a similar problem. Ethernet plugged in so had on demand but no ctach up. When i plugged in the adsl line with filter to back of the 2tb stb catch up appeared.

So after reading this thread, should I be able to get catch up and on demand with just the ethernet? I am on fibre and was considering getting the woreless connector but seems pointless if i have to trail a wire for the adsl line for catch up.

Any help?

thanks

Ben

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

When i plugged in the adsl line with filter to back of the 2tb stb catch up appeared.
      Do you mean the connection from the box to the phone line, which you should have plugged in if you are in the minimum period? If so that has nothing to do with ADSL or Catch Up. You should not need it connected to get anything over broadband. Mine has not been plugged in for several years and I have had no problem.

I suppose it is possible Sky have made the phone connection mandatory with the new boxes, if so I have not heard of it. Maybe Scubbie knows something as she has been on the beta group for the new boxes? If it is the case, there are going to be a lot of very annoyed users out there.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast