Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Isitme

How much notice do I have to give Sky to cancel the broadband and phone only

This is a discussion on How much notice do I have to give Sky to cancel the broadband and phone only within the Sky Broadband forums, part of the Joining or leaving Sky category; How much notice do I have to give Sky to cancel the broadband and phone only Unfortunately I'm having to ...

Steele11 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Halfway
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: sky Q hub
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Unfortunately I'm having to cancel my broadband and phone due to circumstances I've got to move back to Glasgow I'm not very chuffed as my speed at the moment is very
      good DownStream Connection Speed 22239 UpStream Connection Speed 1295 when I called sky this is the only 21 days notice he quoted me I have to call back April 27th so I can terminate my broadband for the 11th May but I was positive for I need to give them 30day notice

So I'm not very happy with the speeds this is going to be my new speed to my house
      You can choose BT Broadband now offering:

1Mb *
      Estimated download
      speed

1Mb-3.5Mb
      Estimated download

speed range
      so I called BT and asked if there is fibre available and they said no when I said my gosh I supposed to work with their speed and he laughed lol I'm 22mb to 3mb that's just suicide

BT phone number 0800 8000150

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: How much notice do I have to give Sky to cancel the broadband and phone only

Sky seem to chop and change their conditions, previously it was 31 days but this is what the latest T & Cs say in respect of cancelling -
      b. If you are switching to another broadband provider which can provide broadband services on your existing phone line without a MAC, your Sky Broadband service will end once we are notified by your new provider that your broadband service is switching and this Contract will end at the same time. If we do not receive any notification then you will continue to receive Sky Broadband unless you tell us otherwise.
      c. If you are not switching to another broadband provider but want to end this Contract or you are switching to a provider who cannot provide services on your existing line then you must give us at least 10 working days notice. Your Sky Broadband service and this Contract will end once this notice period expires.
      For those interested the T & Cs have changed again to accommodate fixed IPs, Unlimited Pro and other recent changes.
      Steele11 likes this.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

Steele11 (31-03-14)

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,224 Times in 2,093 Posts

Re: How much notice do I have to give Sky to cancel the broadband and phone only

VM has quite a good presence in Glasgow, depending on where you are going to move to.

I was thinking of suggesting Mobile Broadband too, but this could be expensive.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steele11 View Post

Unfortunately I'm having to cancel my broadband and phone due to circumstances I've got to move back to Glasgow I'm not very chuffed as my speed at the moment is very
      good DownStream Connection Speed 22239 UpStream Connection Speed 1295 when I called sky this is the only 21 days notice he quoted me I have to call back April 27th so I can terminate my broadband for the 11th May but I was positive for I need to give them 30day notice

So I'm not very happy with the speeds this is going to be my new speed to my house
      You can choose BT Broadband now offering:

1Mb *
      Estimated download
      speed

1Mb-3.5Mb
      Estimated download

speed range
      so I called BT and asked if there is fibre available and they said no when I said my gosh I supposed to work with their speed and he laughed lol I'm 22mb to 3mb that's just suicide

BT phone number 0800 8000150

The guy on the phone has told you a lot of rubbish.

Telephone and broadband cancels are done on a standard notice period of 14 days. Supposedly Sky were advised that 31 days was too long by OFCOM.
      The customer should tell the advisor the last day they need the service then they will set that as the cancel date and it will cancel the following day. The advisors can set this as any date from 1 day later to 364 days later on SVBN. On a non-SVBN line it now has a minimum of 6 days notice which cannot be changed.

Home moves are different if you do a move with Sky so the line can cease the next working day and in theory activate 6 working days later at your new address this is if you give 1 days notice. If you give the standard advised 14 days notice of a home move then you can have bb stop at one address one day and then activate at the new address on the next working day.