Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Migrating to Sky (LLU) from BT + O2 (non LLU)

This is a discussion on Migrating to Sky (LLU) from BT + O2 (non LLU) within the Sky Broadband forums, part of the Joining or leaving Sky category; I'm trying to migrate BT + O2 -> Sky. The BT and O2 accounts are in the name of my ...

doc.bain is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Migrating to Sky (LLU) from BT + O2 (non LLU)

I'm trying to migrate BT + O2 -> Sky. The BT and O2 accounts are in the name of my previous flatmate (both are still active and in use). The Sky account is in my name. I was hoping that the MAC would be all that was needed to authenticate the migration. But I am told that there is no MAC for this type of migration (non LLU to LLU), so what do they use to authenticate it? Has anyone ever tried to migrate to LLU like this (with different names on the accounts)? Will it work?

(This was all prompted by BT and O2 refusing to change the name on the account, and saying I would need to disconnect, pay 130 connection fee, and sign up to 12months BT contract, and then signup for new O2 contract... stupid...)
      Last edited by doc.bain; 13-02-12 at 10:57 PM.

2. Advertisement