Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Moving out but son staying temporary

This is a discussion on Moving out but son staying temporary within the Sky Broadband forums, part of the Joining or leaving Sky category; I'm moving out at some point next week the house will be redecorated and put up for sale. However my ...

BLOODUK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Herne Bay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Everything
      Thanks

Moving out but son staying temporary

I'm moving out at some point next week the house will be redecorated and put up for sale. However my Son will be staying there until it's sold and also while he is looking for a flat thus it could well be into next year for him and the sale.

We have the full movie package , sky talk and sky broadband!. How would i be able to take the sky tv with me to the new address but keep the sky broadband and sky talk with him until such time he moves out?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Moving out but son staying temporary

In your place, if your son does not want the Sky TV, if it is out of contract, phone up and cancel it. Tell them you want to keep the phone and broadband. When you get to your new house, take out a new package as a new user and get all the benefits this brings. Make sure they have Sky LLU for the broadband, don't even consider Connect if they don't.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

BLOODUK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Herne Bay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Everything
      Thanks

Thanks was all sorted today , he can keep the phone/broadband whereas i will have sky installed on tuesday in the new property

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeeshansaeed15 View Post
      Hi All,

I have compared all the broadband and CSR services of all the companies in UK. Here I will only suggest for Sky. Below are my observations which I gathered using different sources regarding SKY services.
      I don't believe that for a second, do you know how many ISP's are out there, you would need to migrate on a weekly basis.

Customer service centre is not helpful, and we need at least 10 to 15 pounds top-up to talk with them and at the end no or partially result.
      I don't pay for calls to Sky as I have Skytalk

Most of the time when we call to Sky CSR, I found there was a noise disturbance and I was unable to hear them. It seems like that party is going on.
      Never had a problem here hae you checked your phone?

Broadband some times goes down and technical team find it hard where is the problem. So wasting of your time. Even when your business is suffering a lot.
      Well as you shouldn't be using it for business you can remove that one. If broadband is important to your business than you should invest in a proper business class package with a good SLA. You have not done a very good job comparing if you missed out on that vital part of the T&S's.

Broadband speed is more than half whatever they are committing and sometime mobile broadband dongle is better than this. .
      Nonesense, I get 18mb, tell me what dongle can do that???

I am seeing that sky representatives should take different initiatives to make it better, otherwise customers only believe in services which SKY may be unable to give them even after some months.
      Not sure what that means!!!