Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can I cancel my BB and Sky Talk

This is a discussion on Can I cancel my BB and Sky Talk within the Sky Broadband forums, part of the Joining or leaving Sky category; It's not the point it's way put if you want to cancel I have had nothing but problems since having ...

smiffywo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02476
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Can I cancel my BB and Sky Talk

It's not the point it's way put if you want to cancel

I have had nothing but problems since having my BB from sky dissconection every 30mins at peak times after countless phone call and being fobbed off with

"yes sir we've chaneged your setting and thats fixed the problem there are now no errors on on your line"

Then 10minns after butting the phone down BANG flashing amber light *** SKY

2. Advertisement
      insanity is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0116
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdh View Post
      You need to contact their cancelations dept as no body else seems to be aware of the changes and what you can do.
      What is the number for the cancellations dept? Is there a direct number for it?

Quote Originally Posted by jdh View Post
      Also sky will drop your line and broadband quicker than your new supplier can connect
      How quick is that? Guessing less than a month?

Cheers

baz

DJRenegade is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01484
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Hi, im wanting to cancel my line rental, but due to my contract starting in Jan this isnt possible.
      Will the changes in T&C's act as my "way out" or is it only for BB and Talk??

Thanks

sheels is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0161
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband/Talk, cancelation, whats this 10 day thing?

Hello Folks,
      i cancelled my sky broadband/sky talk due to the new changes in the contract, due to take place on the 29th of this month. I emailed them first to cancell. I received an email back to say, thats fine, you can leave us without penalty charges. I wrote a letter, signed delivery to confirm my cancellation, making it clear that the reasons were because i did not accept the up coming changes. I received no answer. I emailed again for conformation that my connection would end on the 29-03-2010. No answer. I called them, as usual, no one seemed to know what was going on, i was passed back and forwards, the cancellation department said i need to talk to the broadband department. Well after a lot of messing about, i finally got a call back from that department.
      She said, you can cancell your contract anytime? I knew that, but explaind the cancellation is due to my not accepting the new terms on the 29th. She said i was better to cancell now, so i could change to a new provider. I told her no, that on the 29th, i would no longer be in contract with them anyway. She was a bit persistant that i should cancell now and find myself a new provider straight away. I said no, as far as i was told, on the 29th the contract would end anyway and that i requiered a new bill, with the adjustment for payment up to the date of 29th, which is a difference of 14 days on the bill i have received. She said they wouldnt do that, i had to pay the full amount.
      When i read the letter i received about the changes in the contract, it states, if you continue to pay, we will asume that you are in agreement. So, am i wrong to think if i do as she says and pay the full amount, instead of a revised amount to the date of the 29th, am i not in fact in agreement with the changes to the contract, because i will have paid up to the 12 of the following month?
      Also, when my contract ends on the 29th of this month, due to the changes, who actually owns the line? Does Sky still own the line, eventhough i have no longer a contract with them?
      I have Just received a letter which says, sorry you are cancelling, your broadband and talk services will end on the 29-03-2010, that it will take 10 days working days after that date to remove the services, so that your new provider can take over the line? I am not taking a new provider as yet and have never said i would be? Do i have to pay for the 10 days it takes them to remove the services? MY contract ends on the 29th?
      Thanks for taking the time to read this, i would appreciate any help, comments,
      Thanks, Sheels.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

If it says in the letter that your phone and broadband will end on the 29th, that is when you will pay up to. The 10 days mentioned is the time it will take to remove Sky from your line and connect to another supplier, you will not have a service so you will not be expected to pay for it. If you want your phone and broadband, you should start looking for another provider. You may have to pay the cost of having the phone and broadband reconnected to a new supplier and you will probably loose your phone number..

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12