Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Made a mistake migrating to sky!

This is a discussion on Made a mistake migrating to sky! within the Sky Broadband forums, part of the Joining or leaving Sky category; Well as i said in the thread title i made a very bad move in switching and wish i never ...

RockoEasynet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Warrington- LVWAR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Made a mistake migrating to sky! *Update*

Well as i said in the thread title i made a very bad move in switching and wish i never did.
      The broadband went over to sky from orange which isn't suppose to happen according to skys management support the phone is suppose to switch first if your taking everything over.
      Well the house phone is still on BT it still hasn't been taken over after 3months and BT blame sky an SKY blame BT so thats stuck at a fighting battle.
      Next. The internet cuts out completely went the house phone is being used.
      yes dont tell me to do the troubleshooting stuff as i have had that 11times off sky to be exact and can't take it anymore. I fitted a new Nte5 master socket never fixed it adsl filters have been replaced 6times i have unwired all the extentions the router has been replaced. I even brought a router that tells me where the disconnections come from first!, Skys servers shut the internet and all that is left is the dialing connection to the exchange. technical support have even admitted it is there fault it is doing this. They cocked up my network profiles also they put a 24-30meg line on a GMT profile. i demanded to be put back to ADSL +2 as i am only 500metres from the exchange, they were surprised i was on GMT in the first place someone had messed up in there department again!.
      The problem still persists after 3months. every technical support supervisor have spoke to said they will call me back neither have that as never happened. i was put on hold for 140minutes i hung up and rang back they said 140minutes omg i am very sorry i will put you straight through to provisional i went ok 60minutes later still on hold so a total of 200minutes is a joke!
      There customer service is disgraceful. i thought talk talks was bad i was wrong sky are the worst! Well i have give them 48hours to fix these problems if not the hole package including TV will be cancelled and i will be migrating to virgin media cable services. i have been waiting 1month and a half for a engineer to come out and check out the problem between the exchange and them so i have had to call another out for this week hopefully he will be out monday morning. if they get this sorted i will gladly stay on there service but 3months of none stop attitude from technical support guys an them speaking to me like i am a small child is very frustrating. Well heres my story i do have plenty more problems with them but i feel this is long enough...
      Adam

*Update*

After speaking to another technical support broadband supervisor and another one with attitude i threatened them with ofcom they seem to be doing everything i have asked calling me back thursday to get an engineer out finally !
      Last edited by RockoEasynet; 16-06-09 at 08:40 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Andy17 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Woodhouse (SLWD)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fiber Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Thanks

Re: Made a mistake migrating to sky!

What are your line stats currently.

Thanks

its at my grandparents house they are on the mid package! but sky messed up and put the line on 1.9 instead of 1.8 so we get 10meg instead of the 8 thats only occured yesterday.
      downstream is 10234kbps
      upstream is 509kbps

GSMGuy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: HD+ Multiroom
      Thanks

Looks like it's either capped or DLM is on...

Mike

Thanks

Nope the broadband has been on 3months mate... DLM period expired long time ago.. the line is deffinately not capped as i should not be getting 10234kbs on a mid package if anything the broadband department have stuffed up lol but its a good stuff up even though the broadband is hardly on lol

Thanks Adam

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Sky are reputed to be changing Mid to a 10Mb download. It is possible this line is one of the first. The increased upload also supports this. What does this have to do with your first post, which seemed to refer to your own connection?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

the problems in the first post are at my grand parents house with there actual services mate i am typing from my own house i was asked the stats so i answered the question

Thanks

It is just the first post seems to refer to your own connection, with no mention that it is actually about your grandparents.

If they are on Mid being on G.DMT would make no difference, in fact the line may have been more stable on that mode.

With regards the dropping out problem, this is usually down to dodgy filters or a fault on the line. As you have tried several filters this just leaves a line problem. Only BT can fix this. Have you tried a quiet line test? Dial 17070 option 2 and listen. You should not hear any snaps crackles or pops, if you do report this to BT as a fault on the voice line. Don't mention broadband or they will do nothing, except refer you back to Sky.

Your grandparents seem to be caught in the middle of a disagreement between BT and Sky, who is to blame is anyone's guess, but BT appear to put obstacles in the way of Sky users every time they can. If you are paying for the calls to support, you should ask Sky for compensation as the fault does not appear to be on your side. Many have been compensated for phone calls in the past.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Sorry for the confusion mate i was a bit annoyed at the time of writing it just got off the phone to sky from talking to a guy from broadband technical support with a sticking attitude lol ,

As for the network profile they admitted that the line was on the wrong one as someone had messed up somewhere along the lines.

Filters have been replaced over 6times, router has been replaced, adsl cables been replaced, a new socket has been fitted all the exstentions are unwired they only have the single master socket live now.

sky have admitted there is a fault at there end and won't repair it as they don't know who made this problem occur each time i ring up they say the problem is fixed then it occurs again within the next pickup of the phone.
      They also say there is a fault on the line the line crackles a hell of alot when on the phone. But thats a problem with the broadband so thats solvable hopefully this should all be getting dealt with next week. We have had two/three line tests on that line and apprently have all come back clean even though it has been reported to be crackling at there end also. We will contact Bt regarding the phone issue thats not the bother its the bloody broadband constant disconnections. With any luck i will have an engineer out on monday to check the exchange as promised for the second time if not its cancellation of the whole contract.
      Sorry again for confusion bud

Thanks

We will contact Bt regarding the phone issue thats not the bother its the bloody broadband constant disconnections.
      I think if you get the phone line sorted out, the broadband problems will disappear. This is no doubt what is causing the problem. Good luck

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast