Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Have I Made a Mistake?

This is a discussion on Have I Made a Mistake? within the Sky Broadband forums, part of the Joining or leaving Sky category; Order Date :21st February 2009 New Connection or Migration :Migration from Post Office Router Arrived :Still Waiting Connection Due :19th ...

Genesee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WNWX
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Have I Made a Mistake?

Order Date :21st February 2009
      New Connection
      or
      Migration :Migration from Post Office
      Router Arrived :Still Waiting
      Connection Due :19th March 2009
      Actually Connected :Still Waiting
      Up sync speed
      Down sync speed
      Distance from the exchange :1.6km by road 1.1km as the crow flies

After nemerous calls to the noobs in tier 1 tech support they finally escalted it to tier 3, spoke with what seemed as a decent chap saying that he would send it to the migration management team and they would call me back within 48 hours............That was on the 20th March, left it 3 days (72 hours) and called them back which to my surprise the previous techie hadn't elevated it, this tech guy said to me I cannot understand why he didn't escalate it to the management team had assured me that he had done it whilst during the present call. I have now waited a further 48 hours and still no call, No broadband except my mobile dongle. I do have a netgear router that is still plugged in (got it from the PO) and that shows all needed lights to be connected to Internet, Power, ADSL, Wireless and LAN connected....

Modem
      ADSL Firmware Version 6.01.00.12
      Modem Status Connected
      DownStream Connection Speed 5632 kbps
      UpStream Connection Speed 448 kbps
      VPI 0
      VCI 38

Nothing is showing in the ADSL PORT section except my MAC address and PPPoA.

I have also emailed all contacts to SKY found on this excellent site and as of yet received no responses.

Has anyone got any suggestions........

2. Advertisement
      indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Have I Made a Mistake?

well your on the connect package, so your router gets issued after your activation (don't now why, but it does)

Also, you need the Sky router to get an active connection, so basically if you wait till that arrives, you should have no problem.

If you don't receive a router, you actually need to contact customer services, not technical, as its an account issue if you don't receive the router, and only C/S can re-issue a router pack with all the necessary bits.

Thanks

I will give them a call now and post back any information, thankyou

Thanks

Apparently it is good news, the CS say that the router has been dispatched and should be with me in 3-5 working days grrrrrr..... They also said that it was a problem on their side as to why I wasn't connected......Will wait with baited breath now to see if it turns up or if it was just another tactic to stop me calling them lol

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

If they say it's in transit then it's in transit, if not you can quite easily complain as the agent will leave a marker on your account as soon as they open it. never a good idea to lie to a customer when it's easy for Sky to see who was in the account lol
      Oh and as to the noobs comment, if you haven't received your router you should only be dealing with CS as its nothing to do with technical support, whoever put you through to CST needs shooting.

Thanks

Surprise Surprise, I checked my account on the Sky website and saw that I still had this....

There appears to be a problem with your order, please call Sky Customer Services on 08442 410 515.

Me being me thought I would give them a quick call to make sure that the router had been dispatched.

It hasn't!

Spent over an hour on the phone to 3 different departments again (thank god the call is free on Sky Talk) the first guy informed me that no router has been dispatched as there is a problem on the order but the broadband is live, couldn't send a router out because the system wouldn't let him.

Placed me on hold for a few minutes while he spoke with a colleague, when he came back to me he informed me that it was BT's fault (apparently they haven't sent confirmation back to Sky that the work has been completed and is activated) he then continued to say that there are over 700 cases like this, people waiting on routers. He then put me through to another department to try and get a discount offered to me but all they did was transfer me to Tech Support lol.....

The lady there was quite helpful and informed me that she had put a note on for the Order Management Team to give me a call, this is the 3rd time that I have been told someone will call, not holding my breath and seriously thinking about changing BB suppliers...

This is ridiculous, I wish I knew someone with Sky BB then I may be able to check it.

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Genesee
      Hi I think this is a thread you might have a look at it is about Sky connect package I hope it gives some insight of what is happening to Sky connect

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Genesee View Post
      Surprise Surprise, I checked my account on the Sky website and saw that I still had this....

There appears to be a problem with your order, please call Sky Customer Services on 08442 410 515.
      Mmmm, is it just me or have sky not quite got this right ? leaving online messages about a problem with setting up a broadband account doesnt seem to be the best way of conveying the information. A bit like trying to ring somebody who doesnt have a phone
      Assuming you do have a phone a telephone call may have been a better option.

Thanks

Steve16571, Excellent thread.... Am reaching for my running shoes now! I will be needing to set up 3 PC's on this so as Connect goes ape$hit from 5pm to 12am (which is when my kids will be using it) I think I will go elsewhere. Was also thinking about the 40gb allowance.... translates to 1315MB per day, 3 computers running enough said lol

dholdi, I agree totally, they could of called me on the 19th to let me know that there were problems, if it wasn't for my mobile dongle I would be well and truly shafted...... Should never of migrated!