Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Tree problem intermittent broadband

This is a discussion on Tree problem intermittent broadband within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Ok, here goes.... I'm at the end of my tether here! in our back garden there is a very tall ...

theboynando9 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01563
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Model ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Tree problem intermittent broadband

Ok, here goes....

I'm at the end of my tether here!

in our back garden there is a very tall Tree/Bush it is right next to the Telephone pole, now the long black cable which runs to my loft, goes right through the tree and several branches,

for around 6 months to a year, Anytime there has been some wind, the internet plays up and noise on the line!

so at the time had engineers out from I THINK openreach who tested the line from inside my house plugged into master socket, all lines were clear and no faults... there was no wind at the time, I did mention the wind thing and the line outside but he didn't even want to look, as he said if there was a fault it would show him there and then!

so was then sent a new modem by sky, no difference.....fast forward a month and another exacrlt the same engineer visit we got SKY Q, new hub.....fine apart from when Windy!

now about 2 weeks ago we had very strong winds, and every since then the internet has been on and off every 2 minutes mostly, however there are periods where it will stay on for an hour or so at 4000 odd kbps that is our NORM however sometimes it will only stay connected for short periods at 300-400 odd kbps

now there has been 1 or 2 occasions when its windy it hasn't went off which is bizarre!

Any ideas as I cannot do anything online or download any lovely sky q content!

on a side note, as my line rental is with BT still, was trying to order Fibre with Sky but there system seems to have a problem moving me over to both Sky line rental and Fibre!

Help much appreciated

2. Advertisement
      marjohn56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cricklewood
      Broadband ISP: ZEN
      Router: Billion 8800NL(Modem Bridge) + OPNsense 20.7.a*
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2Tb+Mini
      Thanks

Re: Tree problem intermittent broadband

Had something similar in the past, fortunately the tree was on my property. I hired a chainsaw.
      --------------------------------------------------------
      Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
      --------------------------------------------------------

BurnIT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01827
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Tree problem intermittent broadband

That sounds like a dry joint at the pole.
      I used to have a hell of a problem at my parents house and it turned out to be a dry joint in the juntion box half a mile away.