Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

New Sky Booster Specifications?

This is a discussion on New Sky Booster Specifications? within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Does anyone know the specification for the device below? I have switched to Sky Ultrafast 1 at 27 inclusive of ...

davoodoo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

New Sky Booster Specifications?

Does anyone know the specification for the device below? I have switched to Sky Ultrafast 1 at 27 inclusive of unlimited phone calls anytime (FYI if you want to haggle with Sky) although the provided SKY HUB 4 (if that is what is called) is good, however I want to revert back to my PFsense setup + G.Fast Openreach modem:

New Sky Booster Specifications?-thumbs_sky_broadband_booster_2019.jpg

Is this 802.11AC capable? It is being delivered today, if it isnt, I am going to ebay it.

Coincidently, for anyone who is interested in completely replacing their Sky G.fast router (Sky Hub 4) this is on ebay which is both a router and a G.fast modem:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AVM-Fritz...E/303500126618
      Last edited by davoodoo; 07-03-20 at 12:04 PM.

2. Advertisement
      davoodoo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: New Sky Booster Specifications?

This booster is pain in the butt. it does have a VERY BASIC interface.

My intention was to use it as a wireless access point without having the SKy SR204 switched on. I have come to conclusion that it is impossible. The reason being that it does not do any security authentication, as it relies on the main Sky router. the moment I switch of the main Sky router, the booster does advertise both 2.4 and 5 Ghz Wireless networks that I have however it does not allow me to connect to it, as the password is not being authenticated.

The question is, can a pfSense router enable one of its LAN interfaces to do WPA2 authentication? if yes then I can only assume that this kit is likely to serve the purpose.