Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help with Vigor 2862 and Sky Fibre

This is a discussion on Help with Vigor 2862 and Sky Fibre within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have installed a DrayTek Vigor 2862 today and followed forum posts on here to get it connected to Sky ...

idontbyte is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Help with Vigor 2862 and Sky Fibre

I have installed a DrayTek Vigor 2862 today and followed forum posts on here to get it connected to Sky Fibre.

When it's on it works well, websites and streaming is the snappiest I have ever seen it, however I am experiencing regular disconnects every 6-10 minutes, the line will go from State: SHOWTIME to State: TRAINING repeatedly.

My 'Attenuation' is 8 dB and my 'SNR Margin' is 21 dB which I think is good.
      I have UPNP off which I have read can cause issues.
      I have new cable from the telegraph pole to my house and I can see the exchange from my window so I am confident that this is not a line issue, the old Sky modem was working fine as well.
      I have spoofed my old router Mac Address, copied the username and password extracted with WireShark, and copied the MTU value from the old router.

Is there any way that I can see what is causing the disconnections via logging and is there anything I should try to get the line stable?

2. Advertisement
      skyeci is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Zen VDSL 80/20 - ex sky fibre pro
      Router: ECI CAB - Zyxel vmg3925 (bridge mode) + i5 Qotom OPNSense with IPV6
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Help with Vigor 2862 and Sky Fibre

unless you have access to detailed contiuous line stats then I guess it's going to be difficult diagnose what's happening.

Perhaps Sky could do some line tests asap?
      zyxel VMG3925 (bridge mode)
      Qotom i5 Opnsense with IPV6 now Zen ex Sky fibre pro
      Asus RT-AC88U - as wap

ECI CAB- G.INP disabled 8th April 2016

click for ECI VDSL line stats by pi3

click for Huawei VDSL line stats by pi3