Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Asus RT-N66U With Merllin - How to use the option 61 setting

This is a discussion on Asus RT-N66U With Merllin - How to use the option 61 setting within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Guys. I am currently with Plusenet but have signed up to NowTV fibre lured by their cheap one year ...

SUProp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Asus RT-N66U With Merllin - How to use the option 61 setting

Hi Guys.

I am currently with Plusenet but have signed up to NowTV fibre lured by their cheap one year deal.
      However I now find that I cannot use my own router even though the salesman said I could.

I get the NowTV connection on the in 4 days and I am trying to determine what I need to do to keep my router that I am very happy with, so Iam posting on this forum as there seems to be a wealth of knowledge.

Having read a lot of posts in the forum it seems from what I have read is I have to do is set

remove PPP plusnet username and password settings

Set the following
      WAN Connection Type = Automatic*IP
      Enable WAN = Yes
      Connect to*DNS*Server automatically = Yes or put your own choice here
      MTU*= 1500
      Authentication* = None
      MAC Address =put your sr102 mac address if you wish
      DHCP*query frequency = Aggressive Mode

And in the option 61 box put in anything@skydsl|anypassword in plain text.

Is this correct ?

Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks
      Paul

2. Advertisement
      skyeci is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Zen VDSL 80/20 - ex sky fibre pro
      Router: ECI CAB - Zyxel vmg3925 (bridge mode) + i5 Qotom OPNSense with IPV6
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Asus RT-N66U With Merllin - How to use the option 61 setting

yup. pretty sure that's the text I wrote lol... what modem have you got which needs to work to bridge mode..

there isn't an option 61 box but you need to enter the option 61 information at the bottom of the wan page setup
      zyxel VMG3925 (bridge mode)
      Qotom i5 Opnsense with IPV6 now Zen ex Sky fibre pro
      Asus RT-AC88U - as wap

ECI CAB- G.INP disabled 8th April 2016

click for ECI VDSL line stats by pi3

click for Huawei VDSL line stats by pi3

SUProp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Asus RT-N66U With Merllin - How to use the option 61 setting

Hi I have moved from Plusnet to NowTV I have done lots of reading of posts on the forum Thanks everyone for the information posted.
      I connected in no time, I could not believe how easy it was so here is what I did for anyone else who is looking.

I have a RT-N66u router which I upgraded the firmware to the latest version of Merlin so Option 61 was Available to me and the original Openreach modem I used to use with Plusnet.

In the WAN settings on the RT-N66u I just changed the connection type to Automatic IP and in the Option 61 password put anything@skydsl|1234567.
      Applied the settings and everything sprang into life.

This is good because the Box that Now TV supplies is an all in one, it just has an RJ11 to connect to the Phone system for the and does not have a WAN RJ45 connection so I would not have been to use this tool to interrogate the box for username and password.

Anyway this worked for me and I am getting the correct download and upload speeds straight away, hope this helps someone.