Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky fibre pro + powerline

This is a discussion on Sky fibre pro + powerline within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi peeps got fibre pro in before xmas....wired, its great full chap at 76down/19up using TP-LINK TL-WPA4226KIT V1.20 AV600 powerline ...

bigj2552 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WSGIR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SKY Q HUB
      Sky TV: KODI
      Thanks

Sky fibre pro + powerline

hi peeps
      got fibre pro in before xmas....wired, its great full chap at 76down/19up
      using TP-LINK TL-WPA4226KIT V1.20 AV600 powerline adapters or wireless, the download speeds are shocking 30-40down/17up

why the slow down in speeds while using those to ways of connecting ?

have asked on the other sky forum, but waste of bloody time...

and.....
      the new sky q hub router runs dam hotter than the last one did...no like at all

2. Advertisement
      sco0ter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky fibre pro + powerline

Never expect to get advertised speeds on adapters. A lot of things come into play like age of the wiring in your house. Is it connected to an extension. The amount of other equipment plugged in around your home. Interference from other devices. As for WiFi speed you would need a compatible 5ghz AC device to get any sites above what you are getting but to be truthful I don't think you could expect much more.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Thanks

10 yr old new build flat.....
      connected direct into mains socket - but....
      i have a lot of home automation going on with the alexa echo and dots connected around the flat, incl LED lights and all other electrical EQ thats automated

gonna solve it tomorrow anyhoo... once and for all
      buying 2 x 30m of flat white cat 7 Ethernet cables...that will do away with these dam powerline things, and there very,very annoying drop outs that are driving me up the wall

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigj2552 View Post
      i have a lot of home automation going on with the alexa echo and dots connected around the flat, incl LED lights and all other electrical EQ thats automated
      In two of the offices I rent out for my team in different parts of the South, we had LED lights installed replacing the halogen ones.
      They caused all kind of interference, affecting many of the presentation screens we had and it did unbalance the wifi setup.
      The company that supplied them tried a couple of makes and made no difference.
      They are in some landfill somewhere and will stay there.
      I've heard that more recent improvements may have helped, but for now sticking with the old and trusted.

Be interesting to hear what other type of home automation you use, some of the work our team does, writes a lot of the software for many home automation devices.
      Have a regular conf call with the Alexa Voice Service developers as we work closely with them for help and integration into third party products.
      Have you tried the Alexa in the car? Just use phone/car wifi as hotspot.
      Last edited by lettice; 10-01-17 at 09:04 AM.

Thanks

not in the car that often to warrant it tbh....always working ;(

home automation in flat incl ---
      all light bulbs have been changed to the Phillips hue colored ones, and have hue bridge to control them via alexa.
      all tech gadgets have got a wemo plugs on them, and they are controlled through samsung smart things hub + the harmony hub, which means i can ---

turn on/off the tv, kodi, sky box,fire stick, lounge fire,xbox,surround sound system,turn on/off the 2 fans,change tv channels in the sky box without using the remote lol....lazy i know, but fun.

kitchen, i got a smart kettle, and coffee machine, micro all hooked up via the harmony hub, all controlled by voice via alexa...
      office ( room ) i can turn on/off the 3 pcs, and monitors,2 fans, 2 heat press's and additional lamps for when i need more light.

bedroom just the tv and pc thats hooked up via alexa.
      have main large echo in lounge, and 4 dots around the flat in various rooms.

have signed up to amazon prime anyway, but also to there unlimited music service...i can ask alexa for any song, or artist, even the very old, one hit wonders from the 70's i can remember, and it finds em, well impressed there !

seriously friends - i started out with the large echo and one led bulb and one wemo plug.....ITS VERY, VERY ADDITIVE - TRUST ME !!

I have dreams about this type of tech since i was a kid, and now its finally got here....
      and this is only the beginning.....i,m after a google home when it hits the UK this yr sometime...WHY i here you ask ?, because the search engine alexa uses is BING for gods sake...and it is 100% pants...it cant find a lot of answers to questions i ask....now, in the other field...go ask google now on yer mobile phone..BAM, 99% it will give you a sensible reply....so, thats what i want the google home for the flat for....

got 2 cheap 10" tablets on the amazon sales, gonna put one on the wall,right in front of the door as i come in, and get it to play the welcome voice when marty mcfly comes home in 2015 - only with my name >
      "welcome home johnny".....all i need are some sensors
      someone has done it already -search youtube lol....cool or what !

now, you all think i,m bloody nuts, i,m not...i just love tech and gadgets.
      how do i get away with all this tech n stuff in my flat ? EASY - I,M SINGLE

nivek1612 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Armitage
      Broadband ISP: Zen FTTC 80/20
      Router: OPNsense and Billion 8800NL v1
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2Tb+2xMini
      Thanks

now, you all think i,m bloody nuts, i,m not...i just love tech and gadgets.
      how do i get away with all this tech n stuff in my flat ? EASY - I,M SINGLE

Made me smile - no comantary required
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is what happens while your making plans