Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Fibre Modem/Router Solution alternative to SR102 and SkyQ box

This is a discussion on Fibre Modem/Router Solution alternative to SR102 and SkyQ box within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by reddwarfcrew I got promised on Sky Chat that I was entitled to a new Sky Q Hub ...

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Fibre Modem/Router Solution alternative to SR102 and SkyQ box

Quote Originally Posted by reddwarfcrew View Post
      I got promised on Sky Chat that I was entitled to a new Sky Q Hub as it showed on my account. They gave me the loyalty team number and said they'd made a note.

On calling the Sky Loyalty team I was told to go do one.... as have the complaints team even though the chat history is clear.

If it wasn't for their fibre being so stable I'd tell them to stick it.

Still I've got Fibre pro at 20 with 14.99 line rental and 50% off TV as part of the process. I guess I could buy the Q hub, but it's a matter of principal now.
      You should complain further, and push for the chat log to be looked at.

If so then they could credit your bill for the router cost if you paid it upfront.

Complaints cannot be closed without a satisfactory resolution that you agree to. They might say it cannot be resolved but this is the resolution they should offer.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

They wouldn't budge and said we were at an impasse and that they would issue a letter of deadlock.

My complaint was far more than the router. It's been an odd experience but the CS level has massively changed. The responses have almost been insulting. They've refused to even answer certain points and refused to admit they are wrong on other points even when I have presented them with a copy of the contract they sent me which doesn't back up their view of the world.

To be fair, I'm not too bothered about the Sky Q hub, I can live without it, but to see the CS drop significantly is a real shame. They've always been a pleasure to deal with (even if I havent got what I wanted) in the past. This time around it has been like talking to EE.

Oh well. I've got the TV and line rental and fibre discounts which was the main thing. Just hope I don't need to speak to them over the next 10mths.

Of course, lots of employees will be top notch. This isn't about the employees but what appears to be a change in strategy on the level of CS that Sky is now aiming to provide. When I no-longer get the discounts I will be leaving.

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Tried another approach asking if I could use my own router as I'm in Fibre Pro as I didn't want to pay 59 for the Q hub.

Fibre Modem/Router Solution alternative to SR102 and SkyQ box-chat.jpg

I was told only Be customers could use their own router as opposed to any fibre customers. I said fair enough and that I'd buy a better wireless router to piggy back the SR102. He said that that is what he does!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12