Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help-Username & Password from Sagemcom F@ST 4350eAC-Sky Router

This is a discussion on Help-Username & Password from Sagemcom F@ST 4350eAC-Sky Router within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Has anyone manage to extract the username&password from Sagemcom F@ST 4350eAC-Sky router, This router was suppled with my new ...

backayard is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: F@ST 4350eAC
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Help-Username & Password from Sagemcom F@ST 4350eAC-Sky Router

Hi
      Has anyone manage to extract the username&password from Sagemcom F@ST 4350eAC-Sky router, This router was suppled with my new Sky fibre in the York area. I'm trying to setup a TP-LINK VR900, I extracted the username&password from my old SR102 router which I tested first on the Sky fibre so I know that it work but the TP-LINK VR900 will not connect after I entered the details.

I tried this site https://www.cm9.net/skypass/ to extract the details from the Sagemcom F@ST 4350eAC-Sky router but I'm not sure if it's correct because the TP-LINK VR900 will not connect to Sky fibre with the extracted details.

The TP-LINK VR900 setup is very easy, select Sky-MER from the ISP list and enter the username&password. Has Sky made any change to their fibre setup in the York area?

Any help would be appreciated
      Last edited by backayard; 06-08-16 at 12:24 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Help-Username & Password from Sagemcom F@ST 4350eAC-Sky Router

That router is a FTTH type which few on the forum will have any experience with. Do you have FTTH? If so, it is likely the connection method will be to be completely different from FTTC, which most of us are familiar with. With FTTC it now appears that entering the correct username and password are not now required. Putting just about anything in the relevant boxes, will achieve a connection. This may not be the case with FTTH.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

You are correct because I'm not getting any info on Sagemcom F@ST 4350eAC-Sky router when searching. Sky is installing FTTH in the York area and I recently upgraded from ADSL to Fibre.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

There is a manual here - http://storage.sky.com/prod/helpcent...50eAC_0116.pdf but that's about all. Looks quite a good router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

moleman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh EAHAE
      Broadband ISP: Vodafone
      Router: THG3000
      Sky TV: Freesat/Now TV
      Thanks

I know nothing about FTTH, but I suspect the presentation will be like that of cable not adsl/vdsl. You will probably need to use the router in cable mode, bypassing the modem.

Exchange:
      Thanks

The SR102 and TP-Link VR900 has the option for cable, the FTTH termination is Optical Network Termination (ONT) just like cable. What puzzle me is that the SR102 work when it's WAN port is connected to the ONT but I couldn't get the TP-Link VR900 to work when it's WAN port is connected with the same details extracted from the SR102.

I appreciate that this is new to everyone on this forum because York is the first area to have Sky FTTH