Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Speed no different since Fibre upgrade

This is a discussion on Speed no different since Fibre upgrade within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, We've had a variation of problems with our broadband over the past year (with Sky the whole time). ...

kjharve is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01362
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Speed no different since Fibre upgrade

Hi all,

We've had a variation of problems with our broadband over the past year (with Sky the whole time). Problems included slow download speed, intermittent service, high number of drop-outs. Sky told me I needed to change my router (was a third party router), which I agreed to and it did improve stability for a while. Typical speeds were 14Mbps download and 1Mbps upload.

Then, in October, I saw Sky Fibre was available in the error and decided to upgrade. Since then, my download speeds have hardly increased at all. In the case of the upload speed, there is no difference. Typical download speed is 16Mbps and upload is still 1Mbps.

Sky acknowledge that we should get a better upload speed and have sent numerous engineers to look at various potential issues. All avenues have returned nothing and they remain puzzled.

I wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience or whether there are any suggestions out there for me?

Thanks,

Kevin

P.S. Router stats attached.

Speed no different since Fibre upgrade-fireshot-capture-4-sky-hub-statistics-http___192.168.0.1_sky_system.html.jpg

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Speed no different since Fibre upgrade

If you check your address on BTs broadband availability checker:

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

What FTTC speed does it state that you should get?