Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Asus AC3200 and BT Openreach Modem with Sky Fibre

This is a discussion on Asus AC3200 and BT Openreach Modem with Sky Fibre within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Morning All, I have moved from BT Inifinity to Sky fibre unlimited. Speeds and connectivity with the included SR102 modem/router ...

Duke_GB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01224
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Asus AC3200 and BT Openreach Modem with Sky Fibre

Morning All,

I have moved from BT Inifinity to Sky fibre unlimited. Speeds and connectivity with the included SR102 modem/router are fine (37Mbps /10Mbps). I am trying to set up my Openreach modem and Asus router so that I can remove the SR102 altogether.

So far I have extracted my username and password using wireshark and tried the calculation method. On both occasions the password comes out in a slightly different format to what I expected based on other posts:
      Using wireshark: LNNLNLLNNNNL@skydsl|NNNLLNLN (all letters in this instance are lowercase)
      Using the password calculator the password is displayed as: LNLLll+lNLLLLll Although the default WiFi Channel and SSiD are returned blank.
      I have tried using around the username and password combination and using the password generated from Wireshark and the calculator (both the bit before and after the + sign).

The MAC address from wireshark matches the address displayed in the SR102 settings. I have entered the MAC address of the SR102 into the Asus router and enabled MAC spoofing as it appears from the SR102 settings MER is active.

I have connected the Asus WAN port to the BT modem LAN1 connection and have a DSL light. I have not accessed or changed the Openreach modem whatsoever since it was used for BT. As a test I plugged in the BT modem and connected it to the SR102 (i.e. faceplate - Openreach modem - SR102 - PC). The BT modem appears to be working fine as I could connect to the internet no problem.

I have tried setting up the Asus with the latest firmware from Asus and the Merlin variant without success.

I suspect my authentications settings arent right or Ive missed another step. I anyone has any suggestions Id be very grateful. If you need any further information or clarification let me know.

2. Advertisement
      marjohn56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cricklewood
      Broadband ISP: ZEN
      Router: Billion 8800NL(Modem Bridge) + OPNsense 21.7.a*
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2Tb+Mini
      Thanks

Re: Asus AC3200 and BT Openreach Modem with Sky Fibre

Can you post a screen grab of where you are entering the details into the router, obviously remove the real username and password, just type in something like username password where you are entering it and post that.

Easiest method is to screen grab it save it as a png, then upload it to imageupload.com and past the direct link here.
      --------------------------------------------------------
      Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
      --------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Hi MarJohn,

Thanks for the reply. The settings are entered on the page below. I've tried the MAC@skydsl|password format in both the authentication box and while setting authentication as 'none' and entering the same info as the Host Name (although as you can see it doesn't like the '@' being in the host name box.

http://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/...tings9979f.png

As an alternative 'working' example Asus have a dummy simulator here:

http://event.asus.com/2012/nw/dummy_ui/en/Advanced_WAN_Content.html

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Here's a screenshot of my settings page - I've tried the username and password in both the host boxes and in the account settings box separately but with no success.

Settings Page

Here's a link to Asus' dummy router interface page which matches the AC3200:

ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC66U - Internet Connection