Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Hg612 + sr102

This is a discussion on Hg612 + sr102 within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, I currently have sky fibre pro and getting 80meg download. Given that i am within a stones throw ...

skooby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: kirkcaldy
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Hg612 + sr102

Hi all,

I currently have sky fibre pro and getting 80meg download. Given that i am within a stones throw of the cab I am curious as to what my max attainable may be. I managed to get hold of an HG612 for 2 (). I am going to put the hacked firmware on it but at the moment I dont really want to buy another router. Can I connect my SR102 to the HG612 (without using wireshark or anything at the moment). If so is it just a case of setting the sr102 router mode to WANOE only?

Thanks

Skooby

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Hg612 + sr102

You should be able to connect in the same way as a 101. ie, leave it on Auto and plug into one of the Ethernet ports. There should be no need for extracting passwords. I don't think it will work through the WAN port as it would then be passing through two modems.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      You should be able to connect in the same way as a 101. ie, leave it on Auto and plug into one of the Ethernet ports. There should be no need for extracting passwords. I don't think it will work through the WAN port as it would then be passing through two modems.
      Thanks for that.
      May have changed my mind a little and am currently looking at the asus ac66u and ac68u to connect to my HG612. Current status is that I have used wireshark to obtain username and password, I have put the hacked firmware on the HG612. Now just to decide which router to get.

skooby

Thanks

Decided to get the ac68,nice router. All up and running reasonably easy. Only stumbling block was that i forgot it took about half an hour to connect the first time. All good now and wifi is so much better.

Skooby