Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Fibre Pro lost 10meg on the download

This is a discussion on Fibre Pro lost 10meg on the download within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Last night for no other reason than curiosity I ran a speed test on speedtest.net using my reference server of ...

gatecrasher3 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Billion 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Fibre Pro lost 10meg on the download

Last night for no other reason than curiosity I ran a speed test on speedtest.net using my reference server of Milton Keynes and noticed that my download has dropped from the rock steady 74meg to 64meg with a marginal increase in ping.

Having tried different speedtest servers and also bbmax the same was confirmed.

On checking my Openreach modem the line is showing attainable rate 79812 Kbit/s down, however the line rate is 68141 with a 6.1 SNR margin.

I did reboot both router and modem to no avail and when I called Sky it was after 8PM which is when the fibre team finish apparently.

All cables, etc are fine and I have the new version of the VDSL faceplate.

I will plug the Sky router back in when I get in tonight and if it's still down give Sky a call but just wondered of anyone can see a reason for the drop based on the line stats I am getting?

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Re: Fibre Pro lost 10meg on the download

Hello stranger

Did you manage to start your BQM? If so could you post the a snapshot of it so far please?

I haven't heard back yet about the question I asked about congestion. As soon as I know I'll let you know.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.