Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Xbox one sky hub issues

This is a discussion on Xbox one sky hub issues within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Guys, hopefully somebody will be able to help me after the nightmare i've had with this xbox one !! ...

jparkerrrr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Xbox one sky hub issues

Hi Guys, hopefully somebody will be able to help me after the nightmare i've had with this xbox one !!

The basic issue is that when the xbox one is connected to my sky hub (fibre optic unlimited) is very slow at doing even the simplest things. For example opening the Achievments tab does not load, the marketplace does not load its just a nightmare

When the Xbox is first turned on, it is very tempremental... Sometimes it will connect immediatley however most of the time it is not connected on startup.

I'm no expert but i thought it may be something to do with the sky shield restricting access, however i have turned this off and the problem still persists.

I thought it may have been a problem with the Xbox one itself however i exchanged it for a brand new one and the problem is still exactly the same ! I have took the console to my partners house and the xbox one works like a wonder

Any help guys would be massively helpful. Sky have been so kind to send me a new router which should be with me in the next few days but i'm not sure this will fix the problem.

Thanks in advance guys and if you need any more info just let me know !

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,246 Times in 2,108 Posts

Re: Xbox one sky hub issues

How is your Xbox One connected to your Sky Hub SR101?

Are you using any HomePlugs?

If you are using WiFi, what is the signal strength like where the Xbox One is and what is the reported connection speed?

What else is connected to your router?

What are your connection statistics?

Also could you post a speedtest.net result from a computer using the Ethernet connection please. Use either the Structured Communications or Namesco server based in London please.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.