Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Filehosts that work well with Fiber

This is a discussion on Filehosts that work well with Fiber within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi All I Know i am still in my DLM fist few days ( Since wednesday ) but I have ...

Roj Blake is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Panoptigon
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: SKY HUB SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Filehosts that work well with Fiber

Hi All

I Know i am still in my DLM fist few days ( Since wednesday ) but

I have been using sky Unlimited and jdownloader 2 since i moved to the middle of nowhere and given the best i could get speed wise was 2.4 meg i was able to download from hosts eventually.

Now Sky Fiber is in town and i went for it at there 40/10 meg speed so its a lot faster but i don't think Uploaded or Jdownloader are up to getting the best from my connection. I am averaging only 2 to 3 Mib/s and it fluctuates quite a lot, however when i download a game via steam i get the full 4

So i am looking for advice on a host that can perform and a download manager that up to the job, or what i have prob done wrong in JDownloaders settings

Cheers

2. Advertisement
      slickric21 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eacos
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Netgear 3800 DD-WRT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Filehosts that work well with Fiber

When I had Fibre pro last year I used rapidgator and netload and both maxed out my 80mb connection in whatever DL manager I used..... providing the settings were right, got roughly ~9MB/s throughput.

Iirc jDownloader needed about max 10 connections to fully max out, Freedownloadmanager needed about 8.
      However depending on the size of the file it may be better to increase number of simultaneous downloads to 2 or more aswell to make most effficent use of the time (eg there is a bit of lag when starting each file chunk to get up to full speed)

I never test Uploaded.to directly as never had a premium account with them, but I can confrim that Real-Debrid and All-Debrid (multi hosters) both really struggled to give me the full 9MB/s I was capable of (even when using via jDownloader and 10 connections) They would yoyo between 5 and 8 MB mostly..... But hey you cant argue with the cost and the amount of premium sites they give you access too.

I've had several momths of no fibre after moving house last year, But due for Fibre again on Tuesday this week, I will be trying PremiumizeMe next to see if they fair better than Real & All Debrid did.