Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Constant Fail on Port Forwarding... Help please!

This is a discussion on Constant Fail on Port Forwarding... Help please! within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi guys, really need some help please. I have read thread after thread and followed the instructions in the tutorials ...

cl0nd0n is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Constant Fail on Port Forwarding... Help please!

hi guys, really need some help please. I have read thread after thread and followed the instructions in the tutorials on this forum. I think I have this all set up correctly but it just does not work.

IP Camera: Y-cam Cube 1080
      NAS: Synology DS212J

I am trying to get port forwarding setup so I can access the NAS from outside the LAN, therefore getting access to files and the surveillance app it has. In addition I want to be able to connect to a Y-cam IP camera.

I have posted screen shots below. I think everything is correct but just cant seem to get it to work.

I have given the IP camera a fixed IP of 192.168.0.30 and it says we need to forward port 8150.

So I have setup an account with Dyndns.

This seems to be working and I can ping it.

Next I have setup the services for the Ip Camera. TCP to 8150 and UDP to 8150.

I have then created a firewall rule on the inbound to point both the TCP and UDP to the LAN IP of the camera.

Final after clicking apply to everything I go and check the port is open and it fails. I cant access it from outside my LAN at all.

Any ideas please guys?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Constant Fail on Port Forwarding... Help please!

Your set up looks OK, try rebooting the router, see if that helps.

Could I suggest you try turning off your PC's firewall when doing the port check. I would also recommend you try https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 to do the check.

Have you tried using the actual address of the router to access the camera instead of the DDNS address? This would rule out a problem with the dynamic address.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

dubstyle is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB
      Thanks

I had this problem and sky had no clue why it doesn't work, i couldn't get it to work at all. I ended up buying a 3rd party router and using that.

cl0nd0n is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Your set up looks OK, try rebooting the router, see if that helps.

Could I suggest you try turning off your PC's firewall when doing the port check. I would also recommend you try https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 to do the check.

Have you tried using the actual address of the router to access the camera instead of the DDNS address? This would rule out a problem with the dynamic address.
      Thanks Istime. I have tried this but still no joy..... I can't believe we cant get port forwarding working correctly via Sky Hub. I need to do some reading about how to get the username and password from the SR101 and use my Airport Extreme instead maybe?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I need to do some reading about how to get the username and password from the SR101 and use my Airport Extreme instead maybe?
      This is probably best solution, many are doing it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.