Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Moved To Sky Fiber Today

This is a discussion on Moved To Sky Fiber Today within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by mrbenjamin Edit : Turns out it may take upto midnight to become active as its done when ...

Tazmaniandevil is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cameronian Street
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Moved To Sky Fiber Today

Quote Originally Posted by mrbenjamin View Post
      Edit : Turns out it may take upto midnight to become active as its done when a engineer is sent out to the cabinet to switch me over which could happen at any time.
      When mine didn't go live on the contracted date, Sky told me it can take up to 2 weeks. I have also been told this when I cancelled the service on Monday after less than 3 months, after a catalogue of failures.

Good luck

2. Advertisement
      STEMBOB is offline Junior Member
      Exchange:
      Router: SR203
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

My install date is today.... and by coincidence there is a BT operandi van outside my house?

maxemoo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Apparently the phone line is switched over at the exchange but the change from ADSL to fibre takes place at the green box up the road.
      I went live on 24 January and the phone worked fine. No internet though. Called Sky who said there was a fault on the line and a BT/Openreach engineer was sent to me on 27 January. After looking on the green box, it turned out that the contractor that was meant to connect up the fibre in the green box had connected up the wires so the signal was being sent straight back to the exchange!!!!!
      BT/Openreach engineer put this right and came back to my house to make sure it was working, which it finally was!!!
      He said to me that 8 out of 10 jobs he is sent to regarding broadband problems on fibre not working on the live date are because the contractors doing the changeover are not connecting it properly, if at all!!! Keeps the engineer in a job though!

I only had to call Sky twice and, on both times they were extremely helpful and I have been credited for the amount of time I was without broadband.

Exchange:
      Thanks

My broadband is now offline , i have installed the new router and am now awaiting activation .i have the power light white...the wireless light is white and the internet is orange so far.its been 30 minutes

mrbenjamin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: SR102
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by STEMBOB View Post
      Not looking forward to my switch on tomorrow now lol
      did you leave the old router installed till connection went off? then installed the sr102 router?
      I plugged in my new router in the morning. its all working now there was a issue on my line Openreach made an "adjustment" on my line and my phone was working this morning. my internet wasn't but after i reset the router it kicked in and is all running fine at around the speed they said i would get so im happy!

RUNITDIRECT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxemoo View Post
      He said to me that 8 out of 10 jobs he is sent to regarding broadband problems on fibre not working on the live date are because the contractors doing the changeover are not connecting it properly, if at all!!! Keeps the engineer in a job though!
      I can believe that, it was the same when I worked for Sky many years ago. I'd spend my day putting sub contractors mess ups right.
      run-IT-direct, For all your networking, ADSL & telecom requirements.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbenjamin View Post
      I plugged in my new router in the morning. its all working now there was a issue on my line Openreach made an "adjustment" on my line and my phone was working this morning. my internet wasn't but after i reset the router it kicked in and is all running fine at around the speed they said i would get so im happy!
      Im glad to hear yours is now working what speeds are you getting?
      Im getting a bit concerned now as i am still not connected and the night is drawing near.
      i hope there is not a problem , i know for a fact our fttc is available in our area ive double checked.
      should i really wait till tomorrow morning to ring sky if im still not connected by 00:00 tonight?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12