Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Fibre Problem Challenge!!

This is a discussion on Sky Fibre Problem Challenge!! within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi All, Just joined to see if anyone has ever experienced the weird problem I have with my new Sky ...

dsmason is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Fibre Problem Challenge!!

Hi All, Just joined to see if anyone has ever experienced the weird problem I have with my new Sky Fibre Broadband.......

Just went live with fibre broadband today (Upgraded from regular Sky)
      As soon as I plugged everything in (filters etc....) the router just kept going through the connection process i.e. Orange flashing face, solid orange face, white face.
      The white face only stayed on for about 5 seconds then the process started again!
      I then read a post on the net suggesting that it was because the router was plugged into the same "Electrical loop" as the TV! Strange as it sounded I turned the TV off & hey presto the Broadband is solid as a rock.
      I've tried plugging the router in upstairs via an extension cable as suggested on the net but to no avail.
      As soon as I turn the TV on the Broadband goes into the afore mentioned cycle but if the TV is off there is no problem!!

Any Ideas..........?????

Thanks in advance

Dave

2. Advertisement
      steelysteph is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lancaster
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: VM Hub 3
      Sky TV: 2TB Minnie Mous
      Thanks

Re: Sky Fibre Problem Challenge!!

Do you have a new SR102, I experienced this problem while beta testing the router.

I got around the issue by making sure that all devices were turned off and disconnected from the router. After the router is happily synced connect and power up all devices one by one, making sure that you wait until each one is connected and has an IP before proceeding to the next.

dsmason is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steelysteph View Post
      Do you have a new SR102, I experienced this problem while beta testing the router.

I got around the issue by making sure that all devices were turned off and disconnected from the router. After the router is happily synced connect and power up all devices one by one, making sure that you wait until each one is connected and has an IP before proceeding to the next.
      Thanks for the quick response! Not sure which router it is but will check tomorrow. Would I have to do what you said every time or just the once?

steelysteph is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lancaster
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: VM Hub 3
      Sky TV: 2TB Minnie Mous
      Thanks

Just the once, I think the router had a problem allocating multiple IPs at the same time.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I then read a post on the net suggesting that it was because the router was plugged into the same "Electrical loop" as the TV!
      This suggests that the TV is feeding 'dirty' current back into the power loop. This also happens with chargers used for mobile phones etc. Plugging the TV or the router into a surge protected socket or a UPS may help. No guarantee, but a surge protector is a useful addition to any electrical circuit.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

RUNITDIRECT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

& at this time of year another big culprit is Christmas lights! Many moons ago & was just leaving an install when the customer said the BB had gone off. After checking everything I twigged the lights had come on about the same time, sure enough it was a strip of rope lights knocking the ADSL out 100%!!
      run-IT-direct, For all your networking, ADSL & telecom requirements.